NO, NEVER, always selfish, and unreasonable. all problems can be worked out, and noone is exempt from this. take this from a veteran has been there, tried that. took me years to find out the truth. lost my grandson last month, for no reason but selfishness

Best Answer

Brave? No. But I do find it funny how every time a question like this hits the net people rush to condemn the suicidals. <br />
Selfish? Sometimes. Other times you think that it would be better for those around you if you weren't there anymore, that you're actually causing THEIR suffering. You believe that grief is transitional, but the pain you cause continues as long as you're living.<br />
Always something to live for? No there isn't. People live for their jobs, their kids, their mate etc. All of these things have something in common. They exist. A suicidal person is often missing something essential to their continued life. It doesn't exist for them, and yeah it might in the future but it takes a special kind of person to live for the kids they don't have with the mate they haven't met yet.<br />
Oh, and anyone tried thinking positive when you're so depressed you lose track of days because you can't stay awake? Or when you've been depressed so long you don't even realize you're depressed? <br />
This is just my insight ba<x>sed solely on my experiences. Every situation is different and the justifications are different for everyone. They might be purely selfish, they might not. It's not one size fits all.

Best Answer

People who commit suicide usually don't do it in what psychologists would call the "Right fr<x>ame of mind"...but when your at your lowest, and everything just takes on a grey colour and everything feels absurd to you, what other options do you have. We are all free to commit suicide at any moment we please...it's a human right in a way, we have the right to end our own lifes, under our own circumstances. People who quote the bible or any other relgious text fail to realise that we are human beings..we are flawed and prone to these Lapses of reason...but if it feels right, then you'll do it... it's always tragic. I had a family member commit suicide, and your left wondering why...but sometimes you have just got to accept it...it was his choice, he had had enough, and that's that. Why should I feel angry about this.. We all demand we have our freedom to live our lifes as we want..so why is ending our lifes viewed any differently?

Best Answer

Not usually, but it is sometimes a legitimate acknowledgement that a happy ending isn't going to happen (e.g. serious mental illness, a terminal illness). If I'm dying of cancer, for example, there's nothing brave about bankrupting my family/society in a desperate attempt to live a few more months.

Best Answer

hara kiri takes serious determination to be done right. otherwise, no.

Best Answer

What about a samuri comitting hurri kurri (I know that is spelt soooo badly )? But seeing there are no more samurai or much of anything approaching that kind of honour left in todays world, I'd have to say, apart from the courage to overcome your fear of dying, it does take more courage to live. PLease don't do it. It is amazing how quickly things can change and happiness can be yours. Prayer is worth doing, just expect, ask and recieve. I did/do.

Best Answer

Nope... <br />
Jumping on a grenade to save your friends is brave, and NOT considered suicide.

Best Answer

No. Living is harder to do by far. Sacrificing one's life for another in a frightening circumstance is brave. Snuffing out one's own life is a very selfish thing to do.

Best Answer

i think it is brave 2 end your own life

Best Answer

Suicide is neither brave nor selfish, I think what people don't understand is that someone who try or commit suicide has depression, a mental ilness and it's the reason why they don't see any other solution than to kill themselves.

Best Answer

I'm not reading the answers above I bet it's heartbreaks I've known. The damage is sideways. Your left with the big Why(never enough answers to fill that hole)If I had only(guilt).The poor soul that has to find the body..the family that has to suffer the unnatural loss and mourning.The other families that lose because suicide begets suicide. The officer and EMTs that have to attend these scenes over and over while they see others struggle against odds stacked against them.The damage to children both in lack of understanding and feeling as if you are not worth the love for the parent to stay.Divorce damages this takes all the light out of the room No, none of this can be avoided!! No none of this is selfish cause I'm in ,,,,,,,,,,,,,fill in the blank and that's what matters.To hard for me to change to hard for me to think,try,so much easier to die but then there is" the big after" that your are so sure is better??????

Best Answer

Would not use the word brave. I tried it once, but I was in a really painful place at the time, made sure no one was around and went for it, of course I was found hence still here. The knowledge of the pain I had caused the people who truly love me is hard to live with especially at first. But at the time I was thinking about just ending the pain I was in. It leaves a lot of hurt behind, so for that reason I guess people say it is selfish. There is always someone to help, just have to reach out and find help before things get too much. I could never do it again, I know how much people are affected by it first hand now.

Best Answer

It's both brave and cowardly, really. But I think our cultural impressions of it are if you kill yourself for selfish reasons (depression, inability to cope, etc...) it is cowardly and if it's for selfless reasons (to save others) then it's brave. <br />
But hey, life is all we have and nobody can predict the future. Unless there's a grenade to throw myself on to save my family, I'm happy to see what tomorrow brings.

Best Answer