ViciousIllusion ViciousIllusion 31-35, F 19 Answers Feb 6, 2011

teaching someone a lesson is way better than revenge. Don't give a man a fish, teach them to fish. Don't punish someone, keep them from ever wanting to do it again by showing them why it's wrong.

Best Answer

As far as I'm concerned teaching someone a lesson and getting revenge are the same. If you are considering it, consider this: someone once told me that you don't have to put up with a toxic relationship. Wish them well and take your leave of them. Getting back or getting even may satisfy you now, but it will always haunt you that you couldn't rise above it and be better than they were to you. Let your kindness burn in their mind.

Best Answer

They may not be the same thing, but pretty darn close. Getting past what someone has done to you...without seeking revenge is damn hard; but the best way to live. Good luck if you are planning something.

Best Answer

There is a huge difference between revenge and teaching a lesson.<br />
When you want revanche, the goal is to hurt someone, usually more than the way they probably hurt you <br />
But teaching a lesson is for example to put someone in the other person shoes, and make then understand how certain actions hurt other people. It is the last resource, especially when talking is not enough.<br />
Any way when you teach a lesson you do not intend to hurt the other one, but like in the example, provide a mirror of that person and their actions.

Best Answer

Revenge is more fun than teaching a lesson. (Can be more illegal too though).

Best Answer

The only good revenge is success, and not at their expense. Vengeance sounds good on paper, but in actuality it's a pretty empty experience.

Best Answer

It is better, much better.

Best Answer

They are two different things. <br />
Teaching a lesson is imparting your understanding on another, in trust they will agree. <br />
Revenge is a selfish act of retribution, in order to cause pain similar to that which brought on the need to revenge.

Best Answer

I am a vengeful person but I think teaching a lesson is probably the best route. Getting revenge may feel good at the time but most likely will bite on the a$$ later.

Best Answer

i agree with tigerlilly, you may be teaching someone a lesson for their own good. Revenge is always a selfish act.

Best Answer

Teaching someone a lesson is only about revenge if you are talking about Payback is Hell lesson.

Best Answer

Well sometimes revenge is sweat but teaching someone a lesson is like sweet revenge <br />
with a cherry on top. Cheers!

Best Answer

That depends on if the consequences gratifies your passion to be cruel.

Best Answer

I would say it is in the same category. As strong as it is to hurt someone back, I believe it isn't up to us that they will be taken care of in some other form and to just let it be even though that feeling is strong to "hurt back". I believe you are just becoming exactly what that person is and that is not what you want of yourself.

Best Answer