I mean the American spelling of words and some vocabulary that's used in US but not UK.
MissGaga MissGaga 22-25, F 13 Answers Sep 22, 2012 in Community

No.. Its simply considered poor spelling and bad grammar.

Best Answer

That's what I am afraid of!

Best Answer

The good news is that the British Government school system is so sub-standard that very few people will ever notice you are making mistakes

Best Answer

@ THECharlie LOL! Nah, nothing sexier than the British accent and their lovely un-pronounced R's at the end of words!

Best Answer

There is no such thing as the "British Government school system". There is one school system in England and Wales, and another entirely different one in Scotland.

Best Answer

Yes. My wife was a "product" of the Scottish system. But she rose above it and became a useful citizen anyway. :)

Best Answer

American spelling is wrong to English rules, they miss out the letter "u" quite often and replaces the letter "s" with a "z".

Best Answer

Yeah that's what I'm pointing out, and I wonder if such spelling is considered wrong in the UK or it is just considered as another form of spelling!

Best Answer

I Hate The American English.

Best Answer

As one educated through the British system and was taught to speak the “Queen’s English”, I had a one professor who thought I could not spell. When I showed her the dictionary I used to show the spelling of certain words, she realized I was using a British English dictionary and was simply told, "When in Rome, do like the Romans"; therefore meaning adapt my spelling and grammar accordingly. With that said, if a paper is being written for an American audience, the spelling and grammar will be written in favor of that audience. If the paper is for a British or EU national, the document will be prepared in favour of that audience so as to not to offend them or appear illiterate.

Best Answer

Western or American English is my favourite.

Best Answer

Does it matter? Really, the goal is mutual understanding. Is squabbling over the lack of a few u's worth the time and effort?

Best Answer

I am from the uk and i constantly get picked up on my spelling by americans so i guess it works both ways

Best Answer

my kiwi friend...who I talk to daily...teases me all the time

Best Answer

There's many different dialects on English. The only thing is American English is like Chinese English (the most popular variation), which creates new words ba<x>sed on mispronunciation.

Best Answer

Petty squabbles...

Best Answer