I'm not a Christian, but I still think that this question takes a lot of things out of context and is simply meant to **** off Christians.

Best Answer

Why would they take offense exactly? Are you a christian apologist? Christianity has led to more deaths than Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot and Saddam Hussein combined. Check your history. Remember the crusades, witch and heretic burning, and the inquisition? And then there is manifest destiny when we wiped out most all of the Indians. And the murder of Jesus Christ is the cornerstone of their religion, rather than Jesus's teaching which were suppressed and twisted. The Gnostic Gospels were burned and suppressed for thousands of years by the Catholic Church. I'm just asking an honest question.

Best Answer

wow. you can cut and paste

Best Answer

I don't blame the misinterpretations of christianity for those deaths, because those are 100% Man's fault. Jesus was definitely enlightened and then a whole bunch of people misinterpreted his teachings.

Best Answer

le sigh.

Best Answer

Of course it's evil. It's totalitarian in nature and it attacks us in our most basic integrity: It says that we cannot know right from wrong and that nothing we do matters without God. It glorifies serfdom, suffering and slavery and teaches that we should love the person we fear most which is the essance of a sado-masochistic relationship.

Best Answer

You information is false. Your premise is inane. You're just trying to stir the pot. The crusades were only launched after over 400 years of attacks on Christians by the Muslims. Combined deaths from the inquisition, crusades, etc, come no where near Mao alone, Much less all the others you've mentioned. Congratulations though, you've managed to make my skin crawl.

Best Answer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Inquisition
The total number of deaths estimated to lie at the feet of humanity's poor practice of Christianity is approximately 17 million.

Best Answer

If you thik I'm exageration, check out the numbers here: http://articles.exchristian.net/2002/10/how-many-people-have-been-killed-by.php

Best Answer

LOL!! wHAT A SOURCE!!!

Best Answer

LOL! What a source! I think 17 million is plenty to make the point that there have been a lot of false Christians through the years.

Best Answer

The Crusades were started by the Christians who wanted to "colonize" the savages (ie. force their beliefs down other people's throats)

Best Answer

righteous..........the crusades were started because of the Muslim conquest. 400 years of Muslims terrorizing and pillaging until finally the Christians started fighting back.

Best Answer

It was not really Christianity... Christianity is a religion, a belief system. It does not have power to act in this world. It does not have a "body."... The ones who committed murder did it for "power." whether political, military, sadism..... People can say the Spider God made them do it or they do what they do in the name of the Spider God.... Does that mean it is the Spider God's fault? Do fingers need to point at the dogma of the Spider God as being just horrible? <br />
Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that the person choosing those actions, the leaders, the kings, the presidents, etc. are at fault in reality and choosing to point a finger at an inanimate ob<x>ject or concept is rather illogical and comes from a general hatred for religion?

Best Answer

good point!

Best Answer

I think if you scratch the surface of most atrocities committed in God's name you'll find that money is the true cause.

Best Answer

Money is merely a medium of exchange. Theft or fraud to obtain it is an ethical issue. Obtaining it by free exchange would be a good thing helping all parties. So money is not evil, people who use force or violence to obtain it are. Do Christians do this?

Best Answer

Let me rephrase this. Also, I'm an atheist and not Christian in the slightest.
Power and control are the causes of the human suffering you're blaming on religion. Religion, however, is a very nice way for the powerful to exert control over people. But the crusades were about looting. The attempted genocide of the indigenous Americans wasn't religiously motivated, it was a case of wanting their land and killing them being the easiest way to get that land.
My point is that the religion was irrelevant. Atrocities are committed when people have power over others and want more power. The mere existence of religion doesn't create mass suffering. Otherwise atheist societies would historically be the most peacful, and Christian ones would be at constant war. That isn't true in any case.

Best Answer

Typhoid ..... I agree with you.

Best Answer

Typhoid.... Yeah... Money which is associated with power .... I really think lawlessness and broken down society also a cause, ignorance? .... Hopelessness?

Best Answer

religion sux.. sorry if youre one of the many that need the crutch... im glad most of you have it because it leads u to a better life, but some of your more boneheaded associates use it as an excuse to bomb brown people and thats fine i guess since "gawd" told ya that ya could but the rest of us are kinda gettin burned out on that. amen.

Best Answer

How anyone could consider Jesus Christ to be evil is beyond me. More than 20 million Christians were murdered by Soviet communists in the 20 th century, more than all deaths due to religious disputes in the whole history of the world. If it weren't for Christians, there would be many without health care, many orphans without a home, many people who never had an education and an awful lot of people doing it tough with no food to help them make it through and the list goes on and on of all the charitable works Christians have performed in the last two millennia.

Best Answer

Don't you remember the destruction of the Cathars, the crusades, the dark ages, the inquisition? I don't consider Jesus Christ evil, I consider Christianity to be Anti - Christ.

Best Answer

The Crusades - so you would be just fine living under Islamic law? If Muslims invaded your country you would see no call to defend it? The Inquisition? Oh yes, mistakes were made by modern standards. But let us not forget why the Inquisition started int he first place - to deal with the epidemic of satanism. You know? Those guys who murder babies and drink their blood?

Best Answer

I dunno...seems like ya kinda loaded the question. Hope ya get a good answer.

Best Answer

Christians killed 80 million people in Europe during the last century, but it wasnt really religious ba<x>sed killings it was just some diagreements about land, any group of religious people could have done it given the right conditions.

Best Answer

jesus is alive . why dont you ask jesus.

Best Answer

Dou you have his cell#?

Best Answer

I don't think Christianity is evil, I think that some of the people who use Christianity to justify some of the hateful things they do are evil.

Best Answer

During the Bible times what you claim never happened.Christians didn't murder or cause mayhem in Bible times.You do not know your Bible if that is what you think.

Best Answer

During bible times, maybe they had Jesus real message. Not the one edited by the church to become an idolized holy book.

Best Answer

What about the battle of Jerrico, Or the command to kill everyone when God helped them destroy a city, even the animals?

Best Answer

Those were not the time of Christ and God killed those people for gross sins they committed against His people.When you are the creator you have the right to do what you please.

Best Answer