lostspirit lostspirit 31-35 70 Answers Feb 13, 2009

No theres life after death.a beautiful world

Best Answer

I think the soul is part of your own mental energy.A basic law of pyshics states that energy cannot be created or destroyed.Therefore your mental energy,being that is energy of a type goes on.However the flaw in that is that I belive we are created. Death I belive is just another stage of this thing called Life.Our human body is just a machine and machines cant last forever.The energy or soul behind them can last forever.

Best Answer

Our physical body dies. We are not our bodies.

Best Answer

I believe in life after death, i also believe in reincarnation too, My thoughts on it is; our spirit enters the baby at the time of birth,. also the people we know now, we knew in a prievious life, for instance; someones mother may have been their daughter or sister, every time we reincarnate it may be, we have lessons to learn,. Traumas that took place in a past life, could have some effect upon us in this life,. if only we could remember!, but there would we want too, if we had a bad eperience in that past life?.

Best Answer

I also believe in this

Best Answer

What Hope for Dead Loved Ones?<br />
“If a man die, shall he live again?” asked the man Job long ago. (Job 14:14, King James Version) Perhaps you, too, have wondered about this. How would you feel if you knew that a reunion with your loved ones was possible right here on earth under the best of conditions?<br />
Well, the Bible makes the promise: “Your dead ones will live. . . . They will rise up.” And the Bible also says: “The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it.”—Isaiah 26:19; Psalm 37:29.<br />
To have real confidence in such promises, we need to answer some basic questions: Why do people die? Where are the dead? And how can we be sure they can live again?<br />
Death, and What Happens When We Die<br />
The Bible makes it clear that God did not originally intend for humans to die. He created the first human pair Adam and Eve, placed them in an earthly paradise called Eden, and instructed them to have children and extend their Paradise home earth wide. They would die only if they disobeyed his instructions.—Genesis 1:28; 2:15-17.<br />
Lacking appreciation for God’s kindness, Adam and Eve did disobey and were made to pay the prescribed penalty. “You [will] return to the ground,” God told Adam, “for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.” (Genesis 3:19) Before his creation Adam did not exist; he was dust. And for his disobedience, or sin, Adam was sentenced to return to dust, to a state of nonexistence.<br />
Death is thus an absence of life. The Bible draws the contrast: “The wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life.” (Romans 6:23) Showing that death is a state of total unconsciousness, the Bible says: “For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all.” (Ecclesiastes 9:5) When a person dies, the Bible explains: “His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts do perish.”—Psalm 146:3, 4.<br />
However, since only Adam and Eve disobeyed that command in Eden, why do we all die? It is because all of us were born after Adam’s disobedience, and so we all inherited sin and death from him. As the Bible explains: “Through one man [Adam] sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men.”—Romans 5:12; Job 14:4.<br />
Yet someone may ask: ‘Don’t humans have an immortal soul that survives death?’ Many have taught this, even saying that death is a doorway to another life. But that idea does not come from the Bible. Rather, God’s Word teaches that you are a soul, that your soul is really you, with all your physical and mental qualities. (Genesis 2:7; Jeremiah 2:34; Proverbs 2:10) Also, the Bible says: “The soul that is sinning—it itself will die.” (Ezekiel 18:4) Nowhere does the Bible teach that man has an immortal soul that survives the death of the body.<br />
How Humans Can Live Again<br />
After sin and death entered the world, God revealed that it was his purpose that the dead be restored to life by means of a resurrection. Thus the Bible explains: “Abraham . . . reckoned that God was able to raise [his son Isaac] up even from the dead.” (Hebrews 11:17-19) Abraham’s confidence was not misplaced, for the Bible says of the Almighty: “He is a God, not of the dead, but of the living, for they are all living to him.”—Luke 20:37, 38.<br />
Yes, Almighty God has not only the power but also the desire to resurrect persons whom he chooses. Jesus Christ himself said: “Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out.”—John 5:28, 29; Acts 24:15.<br />
Not long after saying this, Jesus met a funeral procession coming out of the Israelite city of Nain. The dead young man was the only child of a widow. On seeing her extreme grief, Jesus was moved with pity. So, addressing the corpse, he commanded: “Young man, I say to you, Get up!” And the man sat up, and Jesus gave him to his mother.—Luke 7:11-17.<br />
As in the case of that widow, there was also great ecstasy when Jesus visited the home of Jairus, a presiding officer of the Jewish synagogue. His 12-year-old daughter had died. But when Jesus arrived at Jairus’ home, he went over to the dead child and said: “Girl, get up!” And she did!—Luke 8:40-56.<br />
Later, Jesus’ friend Lazarus died. When Jesus arrived at his home, Lazarus had been dead for four days. Although deeply grieved, his sister Martha expressed hope, saying: “I know he will rise in the resurrection on the last day.” But Jesus went to the tomb, ordered the stone to be removed, and called: “Lazarus, come on out!” And he did!—John 11:11-44.<br />
Now think about this: What was Lazarus’ condition during those four days he was dead? Lazarus did not say anything about being in a heaven of bliss or a hell of torment, which surely he would have done if he had been there. No, Lazarus was completely unconscious in death and would have remained so until “the resurrection on the last day” if Jesus had not then restored him to life.<br />
It is true that these miracles of Jesus were of only temporary benefit, since those that he resurrected died again. However, he gave proof 1,900 years ago that, with God’s power, the dead really can live again! So by his miracles Jesus showed on a small scale what will take place on earth under the Kingdom of God.<br />
When a Loved One Dies<br />
When the enemy death strikes, your grief can be great, even though you may hope in the resurrection. Abraham had faith his wife would live again, yet we read that “Abraham came in to bewail Sarah and to weep over her.” (Genesis 23:2) And what about Jesus? When Lazarus died, he “groaned in the spirit and became troubled,” and shortly afterward he “gave way to tears.” (John 11:33, 35) So, when someone you love dies, it does not show weakness to cry.<br />
When a child dies, it is particularly hard for the mother. Thus the Bible acknowledges the bitter grief that a mother can feel. (2 Kings 4:27) Of course, it is difficult for the bereaved father as well. “O that I might have died, I myself, instead of you,” lamented King David when his son Absalom died.—2 Samuel 18:33.<br />
Yet, because you have confidence in the resurrection, your sorrow will not be unrelenting. As the Bible says, you will “not sorrow just as the rest also do who have no hope.” (1 Thessalonians 4:13) Rather, you will draw close to God in prayer, and the Bible promises that “he himself will sustain you.”—Psalm 55:22.

Best Answer

Yes and the sooner people except the better you can live the rest of your life on this mortal coil.

Best Answer

Death is the end of the Body not of Life :)

Best Answer

I really wish it was, but with my luck, we have reincarnation and hell after death.

Best Answer

There is a time in the future that we will not exist - at least not in our present form. We call it death and it puzzles us, bewilders us, frightens us, etc.<br />
We exist now and we cannot imagine what it's like not to exist.<br />
There is, however, also a time in the past that we did not exist. Somehow that thought occupies us much less. We seem to simply accept that.<br />
Where does this strange assymetry come from? If we reverse the motion of time, like playing the movie of the universe backwards, then birth would be the end of life.<br />
It's just all about the way we perceive our linear motion through this brief grain of time we call our life. We are missing the key to understanding it all.

Best Answer

I believe there is something. Just not the religious nut-job version. I don't believe in hell either.

Best Answer

You know sameswag, you really should watch what you say. that is very discriminative for those who believe. That's not right that you have to call believers nut jobs. You really should apologize for the name calling. that si very wrong, very childish, and it makes you look bad.

Best Answer

if you beleive in reincarnation, then no. death is just the beginning of your next life.

Best Answer

Who's to say life has really even started yet? I think we are all part of something far bigger than we can imagine. Bigger than even humanity or the known universe. Everything that undergoes change or any definition of observation is life and it's expanding as the universe spreads out, as our minds consume more data. Life Is everything around us and we always were and always will be a part of it.

Best Answer

no. i do not believe death is the end of life. it would be too depressing to think that anyway - that after you die you will never see the people you love again. i dont think that is true. i believe there is heaven or something else good after life here on earth.

Best Answer

I think its up to the individual if you want it to be over at the end of you mortal life then it will be, but if you want to continue living on some spiritual level ( reincarnation , heaven - hell, etc) you will .

Best Answer

Absolutely not. I believe that death is a doorway to life between lives.. Where you will review your previous life learn from it without your ego or emotional bodies and then get ready for the next one.

Best Answer

NO DEATH IS NOT THE END IT SAYS THAT IN JOHN 3;16 THAT GOD GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTON SON THAT WE MAY NOT DIE BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE WHEN WE DIE OUR SOUL GOES EITHER TO HEAVEN OR TO HELL I HAVE ALWAYS KNEW THIS BUT WHEN MY BROTHER N LAW WAS KILLED IN A CAR ACCIDENT HE WENT TO HEAVEN AND BECAME A MINISTERING ANGLE IN THIS EARTH HOW I KNOW IS BECAUSE HE CAME TO MINISTER TO ME THAT IS HOW I GOT SAVED. ANGLES ARE REAL GOD SAID IN PSLMS 91:11 I GIVE ANGLES CHARGE OVER THEE SO I KNOW THAT THERE IS LIFE AFTER DEATH. I THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE MY TESTIMONY WITH YOU

Best Answer

Although there is no way to empirically prove life beyond death, I believe our consciousness survives the physical death of our body. What happens next I think is largely dependent upon socially collected belief systems.

Best Answer

Wow, this is an amazing batch of wishful thinking. I guess common sense isn't too common, and the bitter truth our our short existence hurts too much to accept.

Best Answer

I think VendettA12, that you are being way too judgmental. If you don't want people to judge you harshly for non beliefs, then it woks both ways, that you shouldn't be harsh and judge ple and put them down for believers. You wrote some kind of story about how people have the right to believe what they want. Do go around crying to people how athiests have no respect and are discriminated against when you do the same thing towards believers. That is being hypocritical. You can't take what you've been dishing out and that is so wrong.

Best Answer

I think so. Its no wonder so many believe or want to believe in God, heaven, and an afterlife. Not existing in any form is a freaky thing to think about.

Best Answer

Well, by definition, whatever else death is, it sure is the end of life!

Best Answer