Many humans (male and female) struggle to maintain this committment, which makes me think its a societal boundary, not instinctual.
Blueeyedboy70i Blueeyedboy70i 41-45, M 14 Answers Jan 12 in Dating & Relationships

No...it's origins are religious...

Best Answer

I agree

Best Answer

Look around you and just ask yourself if we're just biological?! We have... a brain. So, we also have choices, known the repercussions of being unfaithful or being monogamous. Some are better at relationships than others, some had good teachers, others not. But when I see instincts being cited it annoys. Instincts are often used to justify poor behavior

Best Answer

Exactly. We have choices because we have a brain, but our bodies are designed for other intents. ***** is designed to fight ***** from other males to compete for the egg. We make millions of *****, an indication of competition. I am not saying we don't have choice. I am not trying to justify cheating, I am trying to understand why perfectly happy couples cheat.

Best Answer

Your view is called reductionist, and it's incorrect. It ignores the effects of culture and the social. The body is a tool, and the brain dominates, not instincts.

Best Answer

I suppose in a developed society that would be true. But in a society where basic survival exists, doesn't instinct take over?

Best Answer

I can't think of anyway that doesn't have some form of social organization and where instincts dominate

Best Answer

girl, you naively infer that being with more than one person brings repercussions, much less that being with another person is 'unfaithful'.

Best Answer

Mrgettingbetter, Are you blind or just not very bright? Read the argument and see who is naive.

Best Answer

I don't think there's anything biological that should make us monogamous.

Best Answer

I think humans are designed to f- everything up regardless of what they were designed to do originally lol

Best Answer

This one is.

Best Answer

Yes without question!!!

Best Answer

Most definitely NOT!!!

Best Answer

I think human beings are still trying to come to grips with monogamy. The chimpanzee sleeps with multiple partners and that is our closest living relative with over 95% of the DNA the same.

Best Answer

I dont think so. Not in me to be that way.

Best Answer