In Europe we see your TV shows which really show a lack of maturity in relationships, and propound the ideas of men for men against women for women, and we are worried about the global aftershocks pointed at in your iconic shows (cultural iconic media). The French, and the British love the freedoms we understand you have but your tv shows suggest you are more screwed up than us.
Elodieblonde Elodieblonde 18-21, F 11 Answers Feb 19, 2012

What are you reading or listening too? Judging by all your questions you appear to have a very screwed up idea of how Americans are. Don't judge US by one main stream media source - that is not getting the big picture - widen your horizons a little!!<br />
I'm from Europe originally - now living in the US and you are wrong to ba<x>se your idea of America on iconic shows - that is all they are - entertainment. Come visit and see for yourself. Never judge anyone/anything by what may be GIVEN to you by someone else's opinions (e.g. your country's media as to how they want to portray the US) - you just need to open your mind a little.

Best Answer

I don't know. What is our cultural iconic media exactly?

Best Answer

I have no idea what you are talking about? How is it portrayed, what appears to be wrong, from your point of view looking at our media?<br />
I get along fantastically with men, and have a great 20 year marriage still going strong.

Best Answer

You talking about Faux News Channel?

Best Answer

Yeah. At least in small towns. A lot of sexism. But Patriarchy is everywhere, what's new?

Best Answer

No, of course not. I imagine that women and men get along in the US about as well as anywhere. There is some serious systematic sexism, but that isn't uniquely American.

Best Answer

Nope. I can't stand mainstream media though.

Best Answer