No, the Tea Party is a true grassroots group of people that are fed up with the federal government overstepping the constitutional powers granted them. People from all walks of life are members or supporters. The rich guy thing is just propaganda lies spread to discredit the movement.

Best Answer

could this propaganda to discredit the movement be comparable to the lame stream media's take on the occupy movement?

Best Answer

And what would be wrong with that?(not really true but)..<br />
What would you rather have? more jobs with a decent living,a little extra for a house,vacations and nights out?<br />
Or what we have now? 16 trillion in debt, tax money going to failed companies, more green crap that doesn't work, and a socialist gov't that wants to control all aspects of your life?<br />
I'll vote for the one who will get rid of 90% of the regulations, stop supporting the TSA,DHS and EPA and the unions(crooks) and let us actually do what we already know how to do.

Best Answer

Well, the tea baggers are gullible, ignorant, old white men that billionaires like the Koch brothers funded to influence the mid-terms. The dysfunction that creates allows the very wealthy to continue and loot America, paying proportionately less in taxes than the 99% that they consider suckers.<br />
Because this smoke and mirrors of right wing and religious social activism, tea baggers and other repubs get people to vote against their own economic self interest. (i.e. What's the Matter With Kansas). As a result, the repubs have lurched into reactionary cloud-cuckoo-land and the old progressive repubs have taken over the Democratic party.<br />
I see the Democrats fragmenting into liberal and centrist parties when the creepy angry white-bread old men of the current repub party die off and the repub party dies a deserving death at the hands of the crazies.

Best Answer

Oh my! I seem to have forgotten the fear-crazed unschooled and ignorant palin-wannabes who think that coulter's shrill diatribes have anything to do with reality.
I'm not here to convert people like you - I am here to ridicule and marginalize them.

Best Answer

You have no clue and are a sheep spouting all the liberal propaganda. ?The rich pay the lion share of the taxes. The top 10 percent pay over 70% of the taxes in America. You believe and spread all the old socialist lies that lead to the collapse of a country. Look what happened to the old Soviet Union.
Get a life!

Best Answer

Your credentials in economics? Krugman, a nobel prize winning economist who was warning about the repub created recession before 2008 disagrees with you and my ideas align with his. Are you educated beyond high school or did you just fossilize early. You also sound like a repub chickenhawk. In 1968 I would have liked to ram the muzzle of my M109A1 up your ***. Messier than just fragging a waste of oxygen like you.

Best Answer

Wow typical left wing diatribe, Do you have any facts to back you up or is calling people names all you know how to do.

Best Answer

Perhaps, but their rank and file are "hands off my medicare" old people, so it wouldn't make much of a difference were they to take power. The genesis may have been Ron Paul style libertarian paleoconservatives, but that isn't really what it's about anymore, more just a standard issue right-wing reaction to Democratic Party policies. Such is a dirty little secret of America: everyone loves welfare, so long as it's *their* welfare and not somebody else's.

Best Answer

Fair enough, but the average recipient receives far more than they paid in, hence why both systems have massive unfunded liabilities in the relatively near future, why its really a cleverly designed welfare system. Even including all the holdings in treasury bonds, most of what the baby boomers paid in SS/Medicare taxes was already spent, on the retirements of their parents. Generation X isn't big enough or wealthy enough to foot the bill in the same fashion, and if current economic conditions continue Generation Y won't be making enough money to pay off their student loans, let alone fund the Medicare deficit. And you're right that there aren't enough rich (who, now more than ever, are the elderly) people to make up the difference. Bet on all of their net worth going to pay for their stays in crappy nursing homes, because the very "occupy" types they're snickering at are the ones that are supposed to be paying their bills.

Best Answer

The monies that people put into SS would more than support all of the current and future recipients because of the interest money the fund has been collecting since it was started, except that all that money has been removed from the SS fund by politicians of both parties and replaced with government bonds ( I.O.U.'s ). Get your research done before making asumptions that suit your thesis. But, if you want to tell a lie often enough, some people will believe it. History proves that.

Best Answer

I'd be lying if I said I was aware of what happens in that situation, like with defined benefit pensions in companies that go bankrupt, but I agree that we owe those who we told we'd take care of and took their money.

Best Answer

Would and will are two different things. That said, Social Security is fixable, isn't really the problem. Medicare has a far bigger unfunded liability, even worse assuming current trends in healthcare costs continue.

Best Answer

No that's who co-opted it. They ran off once they realized that grover "drown government in the bathtub" norquist was serious.<br />
You want to see what happens when a government doesn't regulate industry? Look at china, toxic paints, horrible working conditions, poisonous products, cheap and inferior materials, foodborne illness scares, disgusting wage levels, etc. Keep in mind that's what the right wing wants, the less they care about their employees the more profit they can reap. Anytime I hear the words "deregulation" I think back to the times when it was legal to dump toxic waste in the rivers and legal to use CFCs that ate up the ozone la<x>yer, and legal to hire goons to beatdown striking workers. Don't forget about the occasional person made into lard or sausage filled with what got caught in the machine.<br />
Hence why offshoring got popular in the first place, it was in CEOs mind's "too expensive" to pay a real living wage to the american workers, and plus all those regulations about safety, health, and the environment really put a damper on the huge profits they got from cheap possibly dangerous products. Deregulation is just a sneaky way of trying to bring back the glory days of companies who could pollute all they wanted, fire anyone anytime, and turned their noses up at workplace safety.

Best Answer

"The "lets take everything to the illogical extremes" is so silly." So tell me why gay marriage or socialized medicine is bad again? Anyway, Bush refused to sign the Kyoto protocol on greenhouse gas emissions, Lax regulation of derivatives markets, the sub-prime mortgages, and securities is what led to the crash in 2008. Don't forget republican attempts to curb collective bargaining, refusals to back environmentally sound bills, and the belief that they are in no part to blame for the mess we are in now.

Best Answer

Collective bargaining is a worker's right. The house passed a law blocking new EPA laws on emissions, in 2011. They also voted to allow the keystone pipeline to proceed without the environmental and saftey reviews the white house wanted. and that's just for starters. If the stimulus bills hadn't been passed there's no telling what could have happened to our economy. While everyone is responsible to a degree it's clear that pro-business lobbying led to deregulation and a lack of oversight in favor of profit, much of this legislation was brought in by republicans. While democrats did vote for it, that only shows that deregulation is never good for the country.

Best Answer

Yes. surprisingly, many of the Tea Party freshmen in congress who came in on a wave of anger about the bailouts and all that socialism are now taking a lot of donations from the biggest banks who received it.

Best Answer

It's not really surprising but I see your point.

Best Answer

As many have already pointed out, The Tea Party is a grass roots movement of middle class Americans that want our government to operate within the confines of the constitution. There were so many good answers here I don't think I can add anything

Best Answer

This seems to be the case. But now I want to go make tea.

Best Answer

I thought that they were just a group of freaks that liked tea!

Best Answer