in ny you cant smoke in bars, restaurants, parks, beaches, sidewalks, or your own apartment. The hysteria over 2nd hand smoke has gone off the deep end. Its almost like homophobia but I call it smokaphobia. I dont smoke but theres still a lot of states left where smokers can enjoy a cigarette in bars, restaurants, casinos and other places and the prices for cigarettes are reasonable. I hate smoking and breathing in 2nd smoke. If theres a bar that allows smoking, I simply dont go in there. Now they wanna ban trans fat, salt in food, large sodas all for your own good. I hope the whole country doesnt end up like new york wheres all the personal freedoms are gone.
Skoallio Skoallio 22-25, M 14 Answers Mar 8 in Politics

Ridiculous. Yes, smoking is bad, but it remains our CHOICE to do it or not. No one is going to tell ME that I can't smoke in my house, my yard, or my car. But I am courteous about my smoking in public: I don't smoke where kids can see me or smell it. I do not smoke in restaurants where it may bother others. Usually if I smoke in public, I will be doing so while hiding around some corner of a building somewhere.

Best Answer

You can smoke in NYC. You just force expect me to have yo breath your pollution.

Best Answer

You can't smoke IN bars or restaurants anywhere in the country except private clubs and places like hookah bars. Not just New York. Don't feel bad. (England is getting that way too fyi)

Best Answer

As far as the trans fat, salt, large soda...I was born in NY...wanted to move back..the whole idea of not being able to get a giant cup of coffee one day if I want one (coffee freak) killed my idea of moving back. Seriously.

Best Answer

Thats not true. Almost half the states still allow smoking in bars. Every southern state other than north carolina has exemptions for either bars and restaurants or just bars. Pennsylvania, michigan, nevada still allows smoking in casinos. I think atlantic city in new jersey doesnt yet have a total casino smoking ban. A quarter of the gaming floor allows smoking. Wyoming has no statewide smoking ban. Idaho exempts bars.

Best Answer

It already is like that

Best Answer

good ...smoke only in your house

Best Answer

People want a nanny that is why the same politicians keep getting re-elected.

Best Answer

U have the personal freedom to kill yourself away from people I hate cigarette smokers always making my jogs more difficul

Best Answer

yes we should all complain more , the world is going mad its even expensive to damage your health these days , what will it be next

Best Answer

Now that I've quit, and I am a native New Yorker, it doesn't matter to me anymore. The truth is, nicotine does damage the paint and surfaces in rented apartments, and it's nasty and difficult to clean.

Best Answer

I quit smoking myself, so the bans just make it easier for me, but I do think people should have a choice about the harm they do to themselves.

Best Answer

smoking sux, anyway

Best Answer