TheChurchLady TheChurchLady 46-50, F 17 Answers May 18, 2012

Yes. It's become a comparatively mild one but you still wouldn't really use it when, say, addressing a customer - especially not an elderly one.

Best Answer

Depends on who says it the older generations do not like it but younger ones use it. Its not liked if used with the word Hell so if you say Bloody Hell and your in ear shot of the older generations you do get tuts.

Best Answer

Only once a month

Best Answer

From what I understand, the origin was "By Our lady". (the queen)? It's just used now for emphasis, I believe.

Best Answer

Thanks!

Best Answer

It's not classed as a curse word, but more of a moderately irritated word to emphasize your point. I use it alot. "Where are my bloody keys?!?"

Best Answer

Aha!

Best Answer

yeah but not a strong one!

Best Answer

yes but not considered that offensive today given the choice of alternatives regularly used. We usually say bloody hell, bloody nuisance or similar often there is no aggression associated with its use

Best Answer

Its a very mild one,normally used with 'hell' after it.... in film rating terms its a PG swear word.

Best Answer

Is it added for emphasis? Like an adjective?

Best Answer

Yeah it could be for anything, see something amazing 'bloody hell look at that' or smack thumb with hammer.. so yeah slightly emphasized amazement or frustration but without true profanity.

Best Answer

:)l

Best Answer

Sort of, but not a major one - I was allowed to say it more or less as soon I could talk.

Best Answer

Is ******???

Best Answer

You got asterixed out by EP mafia types, so I'm buggered if I know what you asked...

Best Answer

W a n k e r

Best Answer

Ha ha - it's not often I get such a direct comment; ahem, let me put my teeth back in. Well I wouldn't use it in church, lady, but it's a fairly standard word on the street and in pubs and with my Dad, etc - hell I even do it sometimes when I get bored.

Best Answer

Yes, I noticed too that British people say bloody a lot!

Best Answer

Nah, it's not. I've seen kids use it, but I don't think it's a popular word anymore.

Best Answer

I think its the same as the F bomb.

Best Answer

Fa realz?

Best Answer

no its not

Best Answer

someone told me that, but it might not be true. Let a english person answer that.

Best Answer

Ok, good to know. I wasn't trying to a know it all. Haha.

Best Answer