I have a friend who was on the pill for two years and ended up pregnant while still on the pill and she has an autistic son who will never be fully self suficient. I am from the second generation who started using the pill and never trusted it. I heard about the women who died and the side effects and even when they said the formulas had changed I still didn't trust it. I was given the pill several years ago to try and control period related migraines. It didn't help. After nine months and gaining twelve pounds and feeling hung over all the time I said no more. I believe we have to be very careful about messing with mother nature and we should stop handing the pill to our teenagers and telling htem that sex is the be all and end all of life. There is no such thing as safe sex, unless you are in a healthy monogamous relationship and willing to have a baby. Everything else is roulette.

Best Answer

I took it and I gained 25 lbs!! I felt like complete **** the entire time (low energy and down) and it took one year to get my cycles normal again. NEVER again!!

Best Answer

I have recently started asking similar questions. I read a book titled 'First Do No Harm' by Natalee S Greenfield. This book was published in 1976 and tells how studies conducted before the release of the pill on the market were skewed in favour of a desired outcome. Many women took the pill without being informed of the risks. Some died. "The researchers only studied women who had been on The Pill 25 months, which meant that any woman who had died before 25 months was not part of the study, nor were the 51% of women who dropped out the first 12 months because of complications" p143. So the companies that produced the pill published only the data that supported the release of this drug on the market. Sound familiar? When the pill was released there was no way of knowing its effects on the ovum (a girl is born with all her ovum), some of which may later be released and fertilised by ***** to become a baby. The pill was first released in the USA in the 1960s. The latent effects of a drug should be tested over long periods. I would expect that some of the children of mothers who took the pill in the 60's and 70's would be diagnosed with autism only if it was severe. These days the disorder is diagnosed on a 'spectrum.' So, children of mothers who took the pill in the '90s, 00's and 10's would be much more likely to have a child diagnosed with the disorder. This seems to fit the data on the prevalence of autism. So, yes, this is a good question to be asking. I will continue in my search. One thing I am certain of is that the companies that produce the pill will not be forthcoming with their own findings and any independent research that identifies a link between the pill and autism will be rubbished. Birth control is very, very, very big business. A major point: people react to environmental factors differently. Some women's ovum could be effected in a minimal way, whilst others are quite severly deformed. There are many drugs that have been demonstrated to damage DNA. If you were not looking for the impact of the pill on the ovum, how would you be able to tell the difference between this as a causal factor for autism and heredity? What if my mother took the pill in the 60's and I took it in the 90's and my daughter takes it in 2014? That's 3 generations of chemical change on my grandchild. "Dr Roy Hertz, in a contribution to the 1966 FDA Report on the Oral Contraceptives, reported 'An unequivocal abnormality produced by estrogen-progesterone combinations is the suppression of ovulation itself. It is only reasonable to consider the ultimate fate of the ovum that would have been normally released from the ovary. We do not know whether this ovum dies or survives. If it survives, is it altered in any way?....For an adequate analysis of this problem 100,000 children would be required...(and) these children would have to be followed for 6 to 9 years in order to completely appraise any possible effects upon them..

Best Answer

The people above who mentioned that the link between autism and vaccines has been debunked are CORRECT. The latest news item on this topic appeared around Feb 2009, when a panel of 3 "special masters" listened to experts on both sides and ruled strongly against the link with MMR and thimerisol (I think). Also, Andrew Wakefield, who essentially go the ball rolling on this topic, has indeed been found to have faked data; I'm not even sure he was allowed to testify in the above trial.<br />
Parents with autistic kids find it very hard to believe there's NOT a link when their child starts showing symptoms of autistm soon after a vaccination (especially given all the publicity about an alleged link). But such an illusion of causation is bound to happen - by coincidence alone - many times given how many children are vaccinated and how many also show signs of autism. When it's your child though, it just seems that the vaccine must have caused the symptoms. <br />
Finally, the comment about chelation above is way off base. Yes, chelation removes lead, etc., but those whose children get this "treatment" are no more likely to recover from autism that those whose children do not. <br />
The other day there was a report that about 10% of autistic kids seem to recover, mainly after intensive behavioral therapy. We'll have to wait to see if this holds up and is accepted by the scientific community of autism researchers.

Best Answer

There is good evidence showing a link between autism and birth control pills. Birth control pills AND antibiotics (among other things) mess with your gut flora. You can pass this on to your child because how does your child develop their gut flora? By swallowing in the womb. So if you have bad gut flora, there is a good chance you will pass that off to your child. <br />
antibiotics, birth control, nsaids, diet high in refined carbs, sugar, stress, and infections can all mess up your gut flora: search chriskresser.com for 9-steps-to-perfect-health-5-heal-your-gut<br />
Take the time to listen to the interview, its worth it:<br />
Search mercola.com for this interview: dr-natasha-campbell-mcbride-on-gaps-nutritional-program

Best Answer

oh and gut flora can flood your brain with the toxins that lead to Autism and other disorders (like ADHD). As you can see, I am not the expert :)

Best Answer

I've begun wondering if there is a link between the pill/women's hormones and autism. I got prego on the pill, and my son is autistic. I've asked all the people I've met over the past 6yrs (about 40 parents of autistic childred) and every single one of them has fallen into 1 of three categories:<br />
1. Pregnant on the pill<br />
2. Pregnant within a year of depo.<br />
3. Pregnant within a year of a prior pregnancy.<br />
No this does not prove causation, but I think there could be a connection.<br />
Just saying... and just so we're clear, I'm not saying using the pill causes autism... I'm saying getting pregnant while on the pill.

Best Answer

Autism is a neurological disorder most likely caused by GENETIC factors. That means vaccines and environmental factors don't cause it but maybe they exaggerate the symptoms.<br />
In my family, my cousin and myself have been diagnosed with high functioning autism. My grandparents both have learning disabilities while my parents and my uncle have autistic tendencies. When people take a closer look at their families I'm sure many people with autistic children will see some sort of family link.<br />
My parents also blamed my autism on the vaccine even though there are thousands of children who received the same type of vaccine and do not have autism.

Best Answer

Rather than answer the question I'd like to respectfully point out some errors in BlackJake Two's answer. Autism is a physiological developmental disorder of the brain. It has nothing to do with toxins present in the body, and it is absolutely not reversible.<br />
As for the birth control issue, this is the first time I have heard it. It sounds thoroughly implausible to me, but I'd like to know your source.

Best Answer

I'd imagine that every mom with an autistic child has theories about what caused it..As there are many possiblities and no single answer, especially in the medical community, I'd say to go with your intuition..An incredible breakthrough in connecting autism to diet is the website www.breakingtheviciouscycle.com , which utilizes a diet that treats , what might be considered one of the underlying triggers of autism. There is also a clinic in Massachusetts (listed on the website ) that is for families touched by autism. The diet is also used for certain autoimmune diseases relating to the gut /intestinal , which is a common problem with autistic children. I used the diet myself and was able to be taken off a IV feeding line after 9 months of not being able to eat anything. Relating to your ? regarding the birth control, sometimes the hormone balance can be off kilter enough to change the homeostasis in the gut and expose the host to an overload of bacterial toxins that are normally kept in check. The thing to remember though is that, when pregnant, babies can be exposed to a myriad of abnormal things or nothing out-of-norm and still develop their own separate issues or be born completely healthy. My best unsolicited advice for anyone looking for answers to health questions , especially regarding children, as I am a mother of 2 with their own challenges, is to keep an open mind and keep looking for the answer that fits your families needs ..and leave the debating to those who have the energy to give to it, or it can be a whopper of a drain .<br />
Good luck!

Best Answer

I have never heard that. It is new to me. My grandson is autistic.

Best Answer

If you're taking birth control, doesn't that prevent you from getting pregnant...?<br />
In other words, I have not heard of any connection between the two.

Best Answer

Wherever you read that, I'd believe it carefully. <br />
Ever since Andrew Wakefield published his study that supposedly linked MMR to autism (leading hundreds of idiotic security moms to refuse to vaccinate their children, leading to an abnormally high rate of measles in the western world, especially the US) the world has gone a little autism-crazy.<br />
Of course the Wakefield study was nonsense and he was later proved to have not only altered but made up his results, and Wakefield proved to be mentally ill.<br />
Yet there are still some who are dumb enough to believe in it (particularly american mothers who blog about it), so there may well be articles here and there stating that there MAY be an unknown link between autism and your breakfast cereal...

Best Answer

ive heard not all the vaccines are bad;ut some are that they call a 'hot batch.' so then they are given mistakenly? i dont know. probably is a connection, tho.

Best Answer

I don't think so.<br />
I took the Pill for eleven years, after the birth of my first child, had a break for seven years and then had another child.<br />
Anecdotally, I've seen no link between autism and the Pill.

Best Answer

I do not know,however,there are connections between many conditions including Autism,Sudden infant Death Syndrome with vaccines.If you want to investigate the lethal side effects of vaccines go to www.uncensored.co.nz<br />
and peruse the articles on the lethal ingredients in vaccines,which your doctor will not tell you about.

Best Answer

I don't think it is necessarily the pill that causes autism. The pill stops a woman from releasing an egg. We know that a woman's age plays a huge factor on possible health issues of the baby. That being said, what if one of the eggs that should have been released in her teens makes its way out of the ovary 10 years later and is then fertilized? That egg may have been "normal" 10 years ago, but now is past its "expiration date". Who knows what could have happened to this egg in that time period? Is anyone testing the eggs of women who have been on the pill? Think of fruit that has been on a tree too long. It probably would have been fine to eat if it had been picked at the right time. But the same tree could produce fruit that lasts a couple extra days or weeks depending on environmental factors. Maybe some eggs are built to last 16 years while others are built to last 26 or 36 years. Maybe the environmental factors in a woman's body (age, hormones, medications, etc.) have an effect on the eggs that should have been released but weren't. So, as I said, I don't think the pill causes issues, I what the pill does to the body causes issues.

Best Answer

There is not.

Best Answer