So having Pakistani parents, I had a muslim upbringing. then found myself along the way, although i am strict with other things. i've never ate pork, for example. Is there a God? If so then should i feel guilty about turning my back on it? ie. i'm far from religious. but i still have problems convincing myself there might not be a god, since it was drummed into me from like 2-3 years old, probably even earlier. then from 5, my parents enrolled me to a mosque where it was drummed into me even more, daily for a couple of hours while i was learning how to read the quran. i actually think that most religious people are too scared to think for a minute maybe there isn't a god, for the same reasons i've described.
moewishaw moewishaw 26-30, M 18 Answers Nov 12, 2012 in Religion

Does it matter? People should do good things because it makes the world a better place, not for some otherworldly "reward".

Best Answer

No, obviously.

Best Answer

No I don't think so

I think we created a god to have hope and to teach people to be nice to each other

Best Answer

who created you????

who created that world?????

who created your sensations ???

who created the food to eat and your taste buds to like it????

who keep the balance of the universe???

ofcourse there's god ... on merciful great god

subhan Allah

Best Answer

hahahahahahahahahahah, hhahahahahahahahahahahah, but seriously?

Best Answer

well, these are all great questions.l and if you are brought up in a religion you will obviously say god. but then you are not leaving any room for any other possibility.

Best Answer

for me there's no other possibility i believe in god and i'm sure that he exists. but you have to read more and i hope that Allah will guide you to the right way.

Best Answer

"for me there's no other possibility". so you are right becasue you've convinced youself you are right? you sound like you're not willing to question things tbh.

Best Answer

well i can't make you understand what i mean in these few lines ... i've been brought up as a muslim and this is a huge thing ... a chain of fabulous ideas and facts and history that make you believeeeeee. if you're really interested you have to start serious studying but if you want to sit here asking questions only it's up to you.

Best Answer

FOR SURE.... IT'S IN YOUR HEART!!! STAY STILL, YOU WILL FIND GOD! :)

Good luck! :)

Best Answer

Yes, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Best Answer

Does it matter?

Best Answer

yeh. it obviously does. since billions of people worldwide believe in God.

Best Answer

My question was a bit more philosophical then that. Religious people aren't seeking the truth, they are seeking reward. Once you head down the path of truth and critical thinking you will diverge from Faith, they are not complimentary to each other.

Best Answer

Yes.... Who? What? When? Where? Why? How? ......

* Who? Everyone and everything.

* What? An all encompassing energetic system that is interwoven through existence in which all things are a part of and who embody.

* When? It has always been and always will be, was not born and will not die. Energy is not born and doesn't die.... It changes form and travels.

* Where? It is inside every atom, every system, nature, planet, galaxy, Universe. It is not confined to one human/earth era, one book, one religion, one interpretation...

* Why? It just is. You can't turn away from it in the true sense, and it can't turn away from you. It is intelligent (not like a human or an individual); and intelligence is creative (not creative like a human being or an individual). And that creativity brought us here through evolution through this implicate order.

What is happening now is linear to us but is really circular. Just because right now you are conscious of what is happening in your life doesn't mean it is the same way to an intelligence that encompasses everything and isn't confined to time and space. A circular time frame means everything ancient to us and future for us as we'll as present for us is happening simultaneously. Experiments show that future events effect the past. Somewhere in some time humanity has achieved complete evolution, or enlightenment. What does that look like? No more incarnations but instead assimilation with "God." Somewhere at some time that has already happened for each incarnation. Is that God? Perhaps.

What is "God" not? "God" is omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent so it is not separate or Dual like many religions describe; it doesn't have human characteristics; it doesn't have emotion, judgments, doesn't look down on humanity. "God" doesn't have personhood or personality.

Best Answer

Nothing supports such a concept.

Best Answer

what a ridiculous statement to make.

Best Answer

Ok, what supports any one of the many many MANY various god claims made throughout known history?

Best Answer

God (higher spirit /power) can come in many ways, It's up to you to find who God is to YOU. When you find God (higher spirit /power) you will feel it.

Best Answer

Absolutely.

Best Answer

yes

Best Answer

If there isn't, we are wasting our time.

Best Answer

not really. a religious person can have a good life, if he interprets his life as "good".

Best Answer

If there is no God, the universe is probably finite and our perception is illusion that will never be remembered once the Sun consumes the Earth. As I said, a lot of pain for a few cheap pleasures enjoyed by some pompously rich elites.

Best Answer

So? I don't need my acts rememberd a billion years in the future for my life to have meaning.

Best Answer

A finite life disappears when a finite universe erases. A finite life also disappears in an infinite universe. No afterlife, no meaning. Sorry. The math is conclusive on this one.

Best Answer

No arguement there. But that doesn't make life worthless.

Best Answer

My guess is the universe is infinite and life means everything.

Best Answer