i q-tip far too frequently and cannot seem to stop. i had an ear infection not too long ago from this, and apparently have not learned my lesson, as much as i try. i'm worried i am going to get another one in the near future, and i am uninsured:-/
foldedunfolding foldedunfolding 31-35, F 4 Answers Jul 7, 2012

Vincent van Gogh had an answer

Best Answer

lmao..i bet that just led to a different kind of infection!!!

Best Answer

any should do cause i know my boyfriend talked about it once and apparently it takes all the wax out, just look up if you need to heat it up your something but any olive oil will work there all the same =)

Best Answer

ah ok thanks! any olive oil will do?

Best Answer

inner or outter? because an inner infection needs antibiotic an outter one usually clears up with a few days of have white vinegar and half peroxide...a couple times a day...see if that helps.

Best Answer

awesome thank you! im not sure what the difference is between an inner and outer? it's just the one that HURTS LIKE HELL AND MAKES ME CRY. does that help? lol

Best Answer

they all hurt. Outer will hurt by your ear inner more when you swallow. And if you have a temp, usually inner and you need a Dr.

Best Answer

Not that I know of. My mother used to put sweet oil in my ears when I would get an infection. It oils the ear drum so that the stretching (which is what causes the pain) doesn't hurt as bad.

Best Answer

oh awesome, thank you for sharing. what is sweet oil and where can i get it please?

Best Answer

It's basically olive oil. You can find it anywhere, but if you buy it at a pharmacy, it comes in a bottle with a dropper for ear use.

Best Answer

ok so it's just called "sweet oil"? interesting..never heard of it. thanks!

Best Answer

It's called "Sweet Oil" when you get it at a pharmacy.

Best Answer