I am not looking for Catholic monasteries (or for nuns). I know there are Buddhist monasteries that accepts women but I do not know a monastery to become sort of like a "Christian monk for women" - even that term is not appropriate , I know...
anony117 anony117 36-40, F 15 Answers Dec 26, 2009

You start one. I'll be the guy who frisks everyone.

Best Answer

Post divorce.

Some of us lead very monastic lives after a bad marriage !!

Best Answer

"Lady monks" are called "nuns" in Buddhism, also. See this discussion:

http://www.americanbuddhist.net/female-monks

There are also Lutheran and Anglican female monks/nuns/friars, as well as Catholics.

Best Answer

I've also been looking to see if there is anything like what you're talking about. So far I haven't found anything. The only thing I can think of that matches that would be a retreat but I think those are only for a certain amount of time. If you find anything let would you be willing to let me know? Other wise starting one might not be so bad of an idea or at least a long-term retreat.

Best Answer

Non Denominational churches tend to Preach a Protestant form of the Gospel of the King James version. There is a tendency to be more Literal, than Philosophical, but leaning on the Theological side of the Mythology.

It is geared to teach the Bible and not profess the ideologies of any particular Doctrine.

They are more like a Baptist congregation, without the radical behavior.

Best Answer

Good lord, what for???????????

If you want to live a Godly, Chaste life then by all means do so. You don't need a monastary to do that in. You can pray about it. You can avoid getting involved with someone if that's your goal. You can do just about anything if you want to badly enough.

Besides, You may not find it to your liking, then you would need to deal with the emotional trauma of leaving the order.

Best Answer

i would bet there are

Best Answer

No, they won't allow women in a monastery. It's like the MCC.

I doubt you're missing anything except a lot of gay sex.

Best Answer

I think it's called a convent and Lucy is correct about the various denominations.

Best Answer

Exist as a single older female in an all married and younger church...there is plenty of solitude there, and then when you realize you are lonely~you can get involved and make a difference where you are.

Best Answer

I don't know of any, except for Catholic and Buddhist.

Best Answer

Now why would you wish to go and destroy your life in this way for? Why don't you just become a member of Sinead O' Connor's group.

Best Answer

I'm sure there are. Check with local non denominational churches- see what they offer.

Best Answer