JessRuthless JessRuthless 22-25, F 8 Answers Nov 27, 2012 in Self Harm

That should fall under something they would cover, I saw an episode of Intervention about a man who was bulimic the other day. He was not a drug addict or alcoholic.

Best Answer

I have never heard of one. Normally you just need to see a psychiatrist and therapist. My psychiatrist and therapist knows I do it, but that is all they really know. They haven't seen the scars. They have never asked. I have photos in my profile of them. My friends have seen them but the therapist hasn't. She has told me she doesn't think that I actually want to stop and she is right. Still they kind of act like it is no big deal. I am glad of that, because she is correct in her assumptions. Maybe you can look it up and see, perhaps they have some support groups or something.

Best Answer

there is not for good reason self harming is very contagious if they made a show like that many others may start to self harm

Best Answer

I doubt that. Many others would seek help and see how others got help and over came it.

Best Answer

yes but for every one who got help 5 or 10 would start i seen how it spreads first hand my sister saw her friend cut then she started to do it then my other sister saw her do she started to do it and then her friends started there is something about seeing someone do it that raise curiosity then when someone else does it they find it helpful in dealing with stress and before long it is a raging addiction

Best Answer

But that's why I want to see the show or go on it. It's a raging addiction for me and it needs to stop. I just can't do it myself.

Best Answer

i understand there is a site at buslist.org they have forums that may be helpful to you.

Best Answer

Yes it's called Impataient Psychotherapy.

Best Answer

I am serious. Is that really the name of it or are you just being sarcastic?

Best Answer

I'm not being sarcastic if you go to your doctor and tell him/her that you're "self ahrning" he's going to recommend a therapist who in turn might want to put somewhere that you can't hurt yourself.
I've been through this I should know.

Best Answer

*harming.

Best Answer

Well I don't have a psychologist or a doctor or insurance at the moment. I'm proper ******.

Best Answer

Well how serious do you think your problem is because if it's potentially harmful to you i would go to a hospital. depending on where you are they can't refuse you treatment.

Best Answer

I've done it for 12 years now and it's gotten worse and better at times. I used to go to therapy regularly and I was even in an institution when I was young. But it's coming back now and hard.

Best Answer

Go back to the institution I know it sounds easy for me but therapy has come a long way these days.

Best Answer