Livii Livii 22-25, F 18 Answers Aug 18, 2010

I blame technology to some degree, cell phones make a bubble around you that makes it so that you don't have to socialize with those around you. That's only part of the problem though. I tend to be very social, but I find that people seldom speak to me first, I have to make the approach all the time. It get's on my nerves sometimes.

Best Answer

i have same problem wherever i go they seem to look at me but never i heard a single word from people i met, maybe some say hi and hello when i smile at them but mostly especially women, they never ever talk to me. Then today i had a talk with my friend, i asked him if i look like snobbish, then he replied. Yes as first impression and he said that most of the people whom i met sees me as conservative and finesse. I was shock as what he told me, because i think i smile to people who look at me; yes, maybe i don't talk first because i was so shy to start a conversation but i will never ever snob anybody who talks to me. He told me that the way i walk, talk, and dress seems like im a snooty and people feel awkward to talk to me because he felt the same way when he first saw me.

Best Answer

That happens to me too at school, it sucks. I'm always nice and open to people, but people don't seem to think I'm loud enough for them or whatever. I try to start conversation, but I never seem to click with anyone. It really frustrates me. People always see me as a shy and quiet person.

Best Answer

Honestly speaking, I was that girl/ I use to be just like that.

I would never talk to anyone I didn't need to talk to. Not just to be" snoody", But I married rich and become a Realtor. I reached financial success at a very young age, but before I found success and stability, those around me always had something negative to say.... Well, the housing market crashed and I found myself in need of well wishers and emotional support, But instead of being a *****.. would listen to what everyone had to say, I would smile and engage a conversation (if they had something to say that I could benefit from)...If not.. I'd just smile and keep it moving!

Best Answer

Well--Even here online I've upset "some folks"because of my avitar(it's just me) or I said something they didn't like or agree with!

I don't let it bother me but for some it could be upsetting!

Best Answer

**** they r afraid u may not pay attention/ignore to them, n i hate that smts im the first to greet

Best Answer

You never know what is going on inside another person at any given moment, but I look at this situational challenge as the opportunity to see how open-minded and good-hearted a person is. You know what you are presenting when you initiate, and their response verbally and gesturally (body language) will tell you a lot about someone. Of course you always have to gauge interactions with a stranger appropriately, but you could make a new friend. Happens all the time.

Best Answer

YES!!!

THe reason is shyness!!

I have a daughter who is now 26 but she was so shy all the way up to about 14 when she MADE herself overcome the difficulties of even looking at another....

SHe simply couldnt even go into the store , (corner type) to get icecream or a treat she would make her sister get it for her or do without.

never believe it today, though. lolol. Most talkative things you evver saw!

Best Answer

for some reason, it could be pride and the thrill of chasing which most people love to engage.

Best Answer

Hmm, I wouldn't know what to talk about, so I hope the other person has a topic ready. lol

I neither run around bothering others with my problems, nor do I brag with my success. I figure most people don't give a crap about any of that, unless they ask about it. Well, friends are an exception here.

I'm more the responsive type. If somebody is already talking, I might join in on it.

Best Answer

loll idk some ppl r shy and others r outgoing... i sumtimes start talking but usually wait lol idk im a loser i guess but im not great at making convos so you start!! ahaa i assume u mean on here?? but it doesnt matter lol it applies evrywhere

Best Answer

haha..No i meant everywhere even on my cell..INBOX = 0..

It drives me insane!! I think thats why i talk to myself alot LOL

Best Answer

Well it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure that out. When you have to simply start the conversation first all the time that means that the other person is simply not interested in you or being friends.

Best Answer