There is actually. Their brains are not fully developed including the judgement centers that don't mature until around 25 and they lack inhibitions. It's a common trait among animals that the young take risks an adult won't in part because they require more nutrition. In nature teens would normally be either fending for themselves for the first time or about to.

Best Answer

Because the brain fairy stole their brain and decided to turn them into mindless little bastards

Best Answer

Never answer questions not in English.

Best Answer

Asserting independence which is a trait they need when they leave the nest.

Best Answer

Children watch what you do, not what you say. They watch you break the rules and learn to do the same. Most children that talk back are talked down to. My daughter actually doesn't talk back at me at all. Why? I talk to her with respect and she knows I could shame the hell out of her if she was rude to me when I am not rude to her. I know, sounds odd. Couldn't really work though, right? Those citizenship awards she collects are all just figments of everyone's imagination.

Best Answer

rebellion aka "teen spirit"

Best Answer

Being a teenager is all about creating an identity separate from your family/parents, and talking back, showing dissent, is a big part of that process.

Best Answer