blindbob blindbob 26-30 10 Answers Aug 11, 2013 in Food

no

Best Answer

Not at all. If you are adding proteins and maybe fruits and dairies like cheese or yogurt dressings you will probably benefit greatly.

Best Answer

what's a yogurt dressing?

Best Answer

A salad dressing made with yogurt instead of oil and vinegar, or in addition to some oil and vinegar. For those who like creamy salad dressings. Very versatile and good for you.

Best Answer

i love creamy dressings so that might be a plus for me. can u buy a yogurt based dressing at the grocery store? what are some good brands?

Best Answer

You might be able to, but I've never noticed one and have always simply made my own. Yogurt is sharp so I usually tone it down with a little olive oil, then add whatever flavor I have a hankering for. Here's a general recipe:
1 part organic plain yogurt (or kefir)
1/2 part olive oil
1/2 part Dijon mustard
garlic and/or seasoning to taste
--you can add or subtract whatever you want; perhaps add a few drops of sesame oil for a nutty flavor, chop up fresh herbs(as much and whatever you want), blend in a soft fruit or minced nuts or anything, really. Even add some cream cheese, though that (and nuts) really pack in the calories; still, they're healthy calories.

Best Answer

Sounds delicious~ Thank you

Best Answer

You could add some cheese for calcium & meat or hard-boiled eggs for protein so I believe it could be a healthy way to eat. Probably healthier than most people eat.

Best Answer

Not if you do it right, ask if you want to know.

Best Answer

As long as you include enough protein, vitamins, and healthy fats, no.

Best Answer

as long it's not made with packaged greens bought in Ohio or Nebraska tainted with Cyclospora

Best Answer

If you want a short rest of your life, then go for malnutrition. No problem.

Best Answer

do u think it's impossible to get adequate nutrition eating this way?

Best Answer

Yes, malnutrition and possible death from malnutrition is a real possibility. Humans have over 2 million years of evolution that have reduced our digestive system to optimize for cooked meat. Compared to herbivore primates (chimps, gorillas, etc.)) our teeth and our digestion is much smaller in proportion to our needs. Chimps also spend 8 hours per day just chewing raw vegitables. We don't have the teeth or the time to do that, nor the guts to disgest it.

Best Answer

i have stuff on my salads (chicken, broiled shrimp, turkey, cheese, egg, almond slices, cherry tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, etc) not all at once, but I alternate.

Best Answer

No danger at all salad and turkey dinner, salad and big steak, salad and prawns, salad and sausages and burgers.

Best Answer

i mean that the salad is the meal, not the side. like i'd make the salad and put the turkey, steak, prawns, or sausage on as the toppings.

Best Answer

Salads on there own are not healthy, not enough protein, you will die after about 3 weeks.

Best Answer

I guess you would lack proteines. We need a certain percentual of it a day (I do not remember the precise number). To get it we may eat meat or beans (but beans in a impratical amount).<br />
I'm not a doctor, so, I suggest you to question a specialist about, to make your way healty and safety.

Best Answer

i alternate chicken, turkey, and broiled shrimp on my salads. I also make my salads with spinach and romaine lettuce.

Best Answer

Ok for chicken and turkey. That may be enough.

Best Answer