In this day and age... I thought we'd moved beyond discrimination. Not just color but age as well.

Best Answer

Why not? Take a look at labels from the leading retailers on any market street ... all the way down to the market traders. It's the same everywhere and it isn't *only* down to the 'big brand' names.<br />
I struggle with this, to be absolutely honest with you. For instance. I bought a jacket for 'Gulp!' £'s; it cost a lot of money. But I *do* know that it is built with the best quality fabric, the seams are perfect, the finish is outsanding and it's designed well. It will last me years, it won't wear out, it won't fade. So given that I will wear this coat *lots* and that it won't fall apart, like some coats I have had, makes it worth the money.<br />
There's a lot to be said in you get what you pay for ... IF ... you know the brand well enough. Buy 'cheap' two or three times or buy a bit more expensive and buy only the once; from my experience the more expensive works out the more economical. The factor in what we buy cheap and in what we buy expensive has nothing to do with the place they are made, because the *vast* majority of clothes I buy are from asia anyway; cheap, or expensive. The premium that we might pay for more expensive, branded products is in both fabric *and* finish. There are two kinds of quality control in Asia; QC which means "Quick Check" and QC which means "Quality Control. I have a relation in business buying goods from Asia; he knows the difference between QC and "QC"; the difference is chalk and cheese.<br />
The lesser quality goods are the ones most likely to be made under the bad conditions you speak of.<br />
~F~

Best Answer

Those certain shops are buy it and bin it clothing, cotton not pre shrunk, seams fall apart, that said, sadly all some people can afford at times and yes I have shopped there as well.

Best Answer

I've bought both 'cheap and cheerful' as well as expensive. There are times I might buy the cheapest there is, but that's because I have a choice; I won't spend a lot of cash on something I might want but will only wear a few times. I've bought from the charity shops also :)

Best Answer

There's little point in buying fashion labels in the first place.

Best Answer

very true

Best Answer

It is a tough one, but around the world lots of kids work to support their families, out in the fields, hunting rats or on those big rubbish tips. So might be considered a nice job. All you can do is contact the label and make sure the factories are run well, people do there is a big movement there. If it is not made in China it is India sadly, cheap labour.

Best Answer

well there is fair trade rules for farmers why not for textile workers,
the price of cotton is at a all time high.. its the workers who have been paid less due to the cotton price increase

Best Answer

Love your name by the way, making me hungry. No it is cheap labour, they get paid very little by our standards but fairly good for where they are, plus long hours.

Best Answer