Manorkill1 Manorkill1 56-60, M 10 Answers Dec 26, 2013 in Doing Good

There is more to arguing than simply changing someone else's opinion. Having said that, I've changed my opinion after a debate with someone. So it is possible to change someone's mind.

Best Answer

I have too... in a healthy debate, not an argument with someone for whose opinion I have no respect for.

Best Answer

I see your point. you and I dont often agree, and i know the frustration. i let myself get baited into political situations at times- by people who dont want to be open. anyway, merry christmas

Best Answer

Thanks! Same to you Karen! ; }

Best Answer

Ooh well, good point! Sometimes it's good to let off steam though, and when the dust settles whatever is said can make an impression - that goes for me too. Maybe there's a better way though than arguing

Best Answer

I like the way you think. ** dirty grin **

Best Answer

Hahahaha :)

Best Answer

I'd rather get my opinions out there than let someone think everyone agrees with them or that their opinion is the only one standing. I disagree and debate with people because it typically brings an intellectual conversation. If I can assume it won't be an informing conversation, I'll avoid it.

Best Answer

Agree. There's a big difference between an interesting debate among amiable people and an argument.

Best Answer

I don't think the difference is all that big considering the lines can easily be blurred and quickly escalate to a negative argument, especially if the conversation topic is one with passion. It's easy for people to misunderstand the beginnings of an argument vs those of a debate in my experience.

Best Answer

I avoid passionate arguments... with a passion. ;}

Best Answer

I can't remember... I don't have a good memory

Best Answer

I'm not looking to change anyone's mind; if I touch someone's heart, or if I light a fire inside their own soul, I consider that a good thing. I don't think I have the power to change anyone into something he or she is not.

Best Answer