Do you have this diagnosis?
InsertAlterEgo InsertAlterEgo 26-30, F 5 Answers Feb 1 in Health

Yes there are, but people normally do not fully understand the scientific definition of the word, and what really makes someone a psychopath.

Best Answer

I would like to understand.

Best Answer

Well I would explain but I would suggest you just google the word and read some pages(from scientific articles or Wikipedia, so you don't get some idiot trying to explain) the short answer is someone who has no empathy or as new studies show psychopaths can switch it off.

If you want to know more you are going to have to research a bit it is a big thing and even now therapists don't fully understand them.

Best Answer

I have done my research on the internet.

Best Answer

Legitimate psychiatrists don't really use that term anymore. My therapist laughed when I suggested I might be one.

Best Answer

Is it antisocial personality disorder these days? :)

Best Answer

Or narcissism. Psychopathy was sometimes thought of as the combination of the two.

Best Answer

And what about Asperger? They have similarities too. Lack of emotions, for example.

Best Answer

I think I have Asperger's. I don't think Autistics generally lack emotions, they just work differently. They often lack empathy for other people because of differences in thinking, but their emotions can sometimes be overwhelming. Not in my case, but from what I have read.

Best Answer

Maybe there isn't the only and one "box", where we can be happily diagnosed :) Asperger? Narcissism? Antisocial personality disorder?
I don't know. Maybe all together.

Best Answer

Psychology isn't like medicine where there's an accurate diagnosis. A medical doctor gives you a test for some disease that comes back positive if you have it. A mental illness is meant to be descriptive of a certain set of symptoms, it's not a condition that you either have or you don't. Well, Asperger's might be. But generally it's just a way to describe certain behaviors or a way of thinking, not the cause of such.

Best Answer

You know, it is hard. I don't think there is something wrong with me. I feel fine. I am fine. But I observe the world and people around and I came into conclusion, that I don't fit :)

Best Answer

That sounds a lot like me too. But it is a big world, there's always a chance somewhere.

Best Answer

Amanda Knox.

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer