I was thinking maybe a hidden meaning to this......It is important to me.....
adork adork 51-55 8 Answers Jun 10, 2010

1. They ran out of paint.<br />
2. They were interrupted while doing their nails.<br />
3. They are hiding an actual black nail underneath.<br />
Sorry, did not mean to be so flippant. I really don't know.

Best Answer

It originally came from the cocaine days. You could snort a "bump" of cocaine from the little scoop made by your pinky finger. People figured out pretty quickly that you'd get a bigger bump if you had a longer nail. Since men didn't really like pink or red, they chose black polish.

Best Answer

It's represent hope during tough times and it's your ring finger

Best Answer

Personally I paint my middle finger black to represent my pain and sadness I use it to show I'm different guilt loneliness tears my mind plus I'm a self harmed so yeah

Best Answer

it ususally signifies their individuality. they're different from everybody else, so they show it by their nail polish. ever seen avril lavigne or andy six's nails? they have one nail painted red, and the rest blac. to show that they are different, and that they are their one person. i usually paint my left thumb black, mainly 'cause it's different and i think it looks good.

Best Answer

Just trying it out to see how it looks and too lazy or doesn't have polish remover to remove it.<br />
Trying to make people wonder what the significance is?

Best Answer

it's their Finger of Power (if on the middle nail) haha

Best Answer