NorseChief NorseChief 26-30, M 7 Answers Jan 7, 2013 in Community

I don't have an answer but I must say that it is a very intelligent question

Best Answer

Discrimination means separation of some kind due to membership in a group - be it gender, religion, ethnicity or whatever. It's not quite the same as making a decision which upsets someone.

So let's say I have four pieces of food and ten people. I may give it all to children. Or all to adults who need to do the strong work. Or to the sick. That's not discriminatory.

If I give the food only to men - THAT is discrimination and of course, unfair.

So I think you can avoid discriminating against people making decisions. But you will never avoid upsetting people when you make decisions.

Best Answer

I imagine I was thinking of 'discrimination' in a broader sense than merely treating one person or group differently because of personal preference or bias, etc. For example, you can discriminate between different colours randomly or spontaneously, perhaps not so much on personal bias.

Best Answer

Diplomatically.

Best Answer

Can't diplomatic behaviour also possibly carry the implication of being dishonest with others or oneself?

Best Answer

yes.. you can always take a decision like that..taking everythin into consideration!..

Best Answer

Is it ever possible to please everyone? Or in another example, in one's choosing of a marital partner over other competition, is not one discriminating against the other? Or if you're choosing a pair of sunglasses, don't you end up discriminating against all the rest in favour of the one? ;)

Best Answer

> if u want to please everyone you can..if u dont want its your decision again...my decision is not to please everyone...
> in ur second example..you are choosing a marital partner over the other.. for u have choices... or may be it was a by chance situation where u have choices... for me its not competition..and my decision is that i choose companionship..
> i dont like all the sunglasses..and i dont discriminate..when i go for shopping...i buy the things i want to buy..i dont get deluded by glamour..options..
my choice is my decision!

Best Answer

I was thinking of 'discrimination' in a broader sense than it seems you have been viewing it. Is 'discrimination' necessarily a bad thing? Or isn't it just a necessity with which everyone is faced in life?

Best Answer

depends on situation...if i get a better guy tommorow i wont simply leave the present guy... i wont discriminate..right? ..

Best Answer

Well, won't you be discriminating against the other 'better guy' in a good way, perhaps on a moral basis (perhaps if you're married to him) or based on how you feel about the present guy?

Best Answer

i wont make comparisons.. dats my decision!.. if i keep on making comparisons or discriminate . i wud have a blind future..

Best Answer

Can't a discriminatory decision also be made on a random or spontaneous basis without really comparing one thing with the other?

Best Answer

lol!.. a decision should not cause discrimination... shouldnot be harmful to both parties.. should be full of justice.. truth and honesty... its a win-win situation when you take a decision like that..measuring all pros and cons.. irrespective of a random or spontaneous idea of ur mind...
lol! u r crazy..too analytical!

Best Answer

:-)

Best Answer