Neuroticrabbit Neuroticrabbit 18-21 9 Answers Oct 28, 2012 in Health

I was on it but for my depression it did help that for awhile. I dont think it would hurt to try it but if u have severe anxiety and or panic attacks like me u need something else that works when u take it that can take weeks to start work

Best Answer

I've been taking Wellbutrin since 2008. It's the only one that kept me level headed. Antidepressants & antianxiety meds are not a "one fits all". If something doesn't seem to agree with you, tell your doc right away, so he/she can try something else for you. I had tried Lexapro before & it actually made me suicidal. But Lexapro seem to agree with lots of other people I know.

Best Answer

But do you have anxiety?

Best Answer

I did which I took Prozac/fluoxetine for, but since I no longer have anxiety attacks, I no longer need the Prozac.

Best Answer

Wow, that's fantastic!

Best Answer

I was taking a combo starting in 2010 of Wellbutrin for depression, Prozac for anxiety, & Trazodone for insomnia and for which I often had anxiety attacks at night. Over this past year, I was able to drop the Prozac & Trazodone. I only take Wellbutrin now. I'm so glad to be off Prozac for a very pleasing & satisfying reason because a side effect is that it suppresses.... ermmm.... certain end results....

Best Answer

I see. And Wellbutrin is supposed to boost your libido. I'd like that for myself.

Best Answer

Boost the libido it does... I also found that it suppresses cravings & appetite, which had assisted in my weight loss. But I've also made the lifestyle changes for weight loss.

Best Answer

Neuroticrabbit I have anxiety myself and I take alprazolam 0.5mg and it works.<br />
Wellbutrin I havnt heard that before.

Best Answer

Thanks for the suggestion.

Best Answer

I would not expect Wellbutrin to be prescribed for anxiety, but only for depression. I would not be surprised if it exacerbated your anxiety.

Best Answer

That antidepressant is off label prescribed so much it is criminal.

Best Answer

I do have depression. My reasoning behind wanting to try Wellbutrin is that I took it when I was younger and that it also works for ADD. It also boosts libido for a lot of people. It's just that I didn't have an anxiety disorder back when I took it.

Best Answer

Did you ever feel anxious or pepped-up before, when you took it for ADD?

Best Answer

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll consider that.

Best Answer

It's when you think you need medicin, that you need medicin. Cure yourself.

Best Answer