I'm obviously not talking about the nonviolent protesters. They're fine. They can keep up what they're doing. I'm sorry, I get that people are mad. I get that excessive force was used when that kid was killed. What I don't get is how people can steal and damage things in the name of "civil justice". Last time I checked crime isn't a civil right.
NaturallyPeculiar NaturallyPeculiar 18-21, F 9 Answers Aug 23 in Community

not me. and there are outside groups coming in to to pedal their agenda. I remember the riots in the US after MLK's murder. There was anger, there was frustration, but the rioters ended up burning out their neighbors. it made no sense.

Best Answer

if you want "civil justice", then you step back and you allow the investigators and the prosecutors and the authorities to do their investigation, to gather all the evidence in question and put it all together to piece together the bigger picture of what happened. rioting is not about civil justice; it's about using this case as an excuse to carry out further injustices in the face of already adversity and angered citizens. It's not justice, if in the process of carrying it out or deciding what needs to be done, further injustices are allowed to fully reign.

Best Answer

Here's a nugget for thought?
All the media outlets bring in 'experts' on protesting/marching/civil rights....idiots like rev al show up and feed the frenzy....

One name that you WILL NOT HEAR mentioned is Martin Luther King. He's someplace, holding his head in his hands and wondering how people can take all the work he did for peace and justice and throw it all away by acting like AHs.

Best Answer

Considering most of the looters that were arrested came from out of town? NO. It's just people using the situation to justify their criminal ways.

Best Answer

I have never confused any riot in the streets as "civil justice". That is not the way that people seeking "justice for all" behave.

Best Answer

The people who are doing sit ins outside the police station or walking around with signs are doing it right. It's the ones using the situation for crime that seriously need to be re-educated on what justice is.

Best Answer

I will amend my answer....I think that maybe, in history, there have been times when people have been driven to their limits by taxation or starvation and that sort of thing. So a certain sort of riot might have seemed the only way to react to an aristocracy or oppressive government. But I have not witnessed any of those firsthand. This case- when people are busting into stores to steal booze and cigarettes? That is not about poverty or injustice. It's silly.

Best Answer

There is a difference between a protest (peaceful) and a riot.

Best Answer

The entire situation is very sad.

Best Answer

Best Answer

nah I think theyre just using it as an excuse to loot.

Best Answer