Janife Janife 51-55, F 9 Answers Jul 3, 2012

That is one of the few things in my life I do regret. I've gotten past it though because I know I would not be who I am today if not for the choices I made.<br />
I wish I had applied myself much harder than I did in school. It would have taken a lot for me though. I am just barely smart enough. lol I am an amateur astronomer. I would have loved to have been an actual astronomer but the math was so intense when I was in high school that I couldn't handle it while also being a pathetic teen.

Best Answer

We never really make wrong choices, we sometimes think we have made the wrong choice but in the end the choice we made leads us to where we are now, just like you said.

Best Answer

Fact and point is my 9 year old son. He would not exist if I had done things differently. That's why I'm ok with it. But I still walk my dog at night and look up at the stars in awe. I still keep track of what is going on with all the planets and all the rovers and probes we send. I still get excited about it and then a bit sad because I am not a part of it. There in lays my longing for that different course in my life. It is also too late to take now. You have to intern for years to get a chance at working with anything of consequence. Too few jobs and too many applicants. Much more so than the normal job issues we have today.

Best Answer

I regret not staying focused on what I wanted to do when life started getting shaky.

Best Answer

I chose to focus of gaming instead of academia, instead of going to somewhere like Cambridge University I maintained my place as a world-class gamer. I don't really have any regrets about the path I'm on career-wise, but I do have a lot of regrets about relationships.

Best Answer

As retired "Copy Machine Repair Technician", I should've gotten my "A+" certification!

Best Answer

I wish I had opted for literature/psychology/philosophy for higher studies instead of taking up Engineering.

Best Answer

Sure. I resigned my corporate position at fifty to open my own business, which I did, and four years later, it failed. I should not have left my company job, because finding a decent job to replace what you had when you're in your mid-fifties is next to impossible.<br />
I don't regret the experience of opening my own business, it's just that I chose the wrong age to do it. If I had made the choice in my fourties, I would have had more room for a comeback to the corporate world.

Best Answer

Yes, age does seem to be a problem workwise, I had a problem myself when I lost my job in administration at 43 and was unemployed for a while, then I had a stroke of luck and changed my job to teaching English. Now I am glad I lost my job in admin. I love teaching more than working in an office.

Best Answer

That's Super! Good for you! Try teaching your kids that age matters, and to plan their lives accordingly.

Best Answer

I sometimes wonder if I went to school for the wrong career. I essentially started college to become an animator and to make Video games. About halfway through college, I realized....I didn't want my "hobby" to turn into my "career" (if video games became my career, I didn't feel I would enjoy them as a hobby anymore). So I took stuck through it in college regardless and got my BS in Digital Media. And now, somehow, I ended up as an RF Engineer making your cell phones work.<br />
I always wondered what I would of done if I made that decision a few years sooner and changed my major. I don't regret sticking it out and finishing, but I still can't help but wonder what would of happened if I did end up changing my major.

Best Answer