5465zen 5465zen 31-35, F 25 Answers Jan 9, 2013 in Dating & Relationships

If a man is physically attracted to you, he thinks about being intimate with you. He could be extremely well-behaved and try not to show signs. He could genuinely care for you and not want to say or do things that disrupt your confidence in him. And he may truly love you like a brother and be thinking very long term about having you in his life and not wanting to lose you. But if he's attracted, he still imagines the two of you being intimate...and that will slowly build tension. Better to just be honest about it and control the urges physically rather than pretend neither of you are interested.

Best Answer

Interesting answer.

Best Answer

Their are trust issues you have to deal with; while boundary must stay in place

Best Answer

Very difficult these platonic friendships, I am always tempted and so is the man and usually after time if we a very friendly it leads to sex.

Best Answer

How true. I had a "platonic" relationship with a woman whom I liked very much, but she had just left an abusive husband and was a real emotional wreck, so it was obvious this was not a long term thing. But one night we were wtaching TV, and she snuggled up to me on the couch and a bit later confessed she was incredibly horny. So I was supposed to say no? No way. We had a great night (and quite a few thereafter), but the relationship never went anywhere. Now I am married and we are still friends; she is doing better, but still doesn't have her act together fully.

Best Answer

A very realistic reply it always leads to sex.

Best Answer

Well not always. Take my situation. Not only am I very much committed to and in love with my Wife but physically she has me on such a frequent schedule were it would be unlikely for me to have the capacity to enter into a alternate physical relationship. Thus there is much to be said for keeping very busy at home for total fidelity- so yes a totally non-physical non- emotional relationship with another woman should be possible. We have been married for 24 years - and i have never - not once - ever had anything to do physically with another woman. These days - as i said - there would be no point - she gives me all I could wish for or can handle at home each morning. :-)

Best Answer

You are a lovely devoted and loyal husband.

Best Answer

yea but he's usually gay

Best Answer

Thank you 32. I see your point.:-)

Best Answer

I have endured a platonic relationship with a lovely lady called Alison; she is every mans dream and its very difficult not to show my lustful feelings for her. At first it was not an issue, but the more I got to know her the more I felt the urge for intimacy with her.<br />
I get the impression that we are both a little more interested in one another than we appear to be, but every time I see her I find myself thinking about taking her to bed! I can`t stop seeing her as she is a family friend...so I just have to put up with the ache in my balls for her.

Best Answer

Get on with it she wants you.

Best Answer

Yep my best friend for three years in college was a woman and never were either of us tempted ever would have fecked it up !

Best Answer

Good realisation.

Best Answer

I think it can exist. Whether it can last is a different question.

Best Answer

yeah, I've done it quite well actually.

Best Answer

Not in my experiences.

Best Answer

Sure. Me and my bride!

Best Answer

YES

Best Answer

No. Men and women desire to mate. Its biological.

Best Answer

Tell that to my bride

Best Answer

Pretty impossible after two weeks of just being friends I would kiss her and that after 4 weeks would lead to far more intimate relationship.

Best Answer

Very difficult- but i've done it.

Best Answer

If both are straight or bi, then there's no benefit of a strictly platonic friendship.

Best Answer

yep

Best Answer

Of course. I don't understand how anyone can think it's only always about sex between men and women.

Best Answer