Why don't you like, make a site, that explain... things. I think that would help... yeah.

Best Answer

Because there are already a million of those sites?

Best Answer

But this one is different.

Best Answer

I don't like blogs and hosting my own website will cost money, and I have no way of paying.

Best Answer

What would happen if molecular separation occured?

Best Answer

Molecular separation, as in the bonds between the atoms in the molecules, or breaking the bonds between molecules itself? Both have a vast variety of outcomes, dependent on the type of molecule and the catalyst of separation.
For instance, the latter is a kitchen experiment. Dissolve some salt in water. The former... stick a 9V in the same glass of water with the dissolved salt (don't worry, it won't shock you--if anything, it'll be a little tingle). Don't keep it in there for too long (a waste of a 9V). The salt is just to make the water conductive. You'll see little bubbles forming over the terminals. One of them contains hydrogen (I think the one on the negative terminal) and the other oxygen. If you collect enough of the gases separately, and then mixed them, the results are explosive.

But again, the results greatly vary depending on the type of molecule and catalyst of separation.

Best Answer

I collected the hydrogen from this separation so I could view the emission spectrum of hydrogen. I got lazy though.

Best Answer

Yeah, you never did tell me your results, or if you did, you said nothing interesting happened.

Best Answer

I've read that consciousness can be explained by physics. What is that all about?

Best Answer

Essentially, it uses the principles of quantum mechanics and the uncertainty principle to justify consciousness. The uncertainty principle is the closest thing to true randomness and refers to how we can either know where a particle is or how fast it is going, but never both. This describes why particles appear to behave in a wave-like motion.

Best Answer

What the hell are the superstrings theory and quantum physics... and can you explain them in a really really really... Simple way?

Best Answer

Yes.
Imagine you have a violin player. Depending on how the string vibrates, a different note is played. It's a similar principle with superstring theory (or often just string theory). Strings are one-dimensional Planck-Length bits of vibrating energy that, depending on the frequency of vibration, produce different properties. Different combinations of these properties can lead to different properties as a whole. These strings can be open (cut rubber band) or closed (uncut rubber band), and can be folded up into eleven dimensions.

That's the simple version.

Quantum mechanics deals with the subatomic world and physics that don't conform to classical mechanics (i.e. Newtonian and Einsteinian physics).

Best Answer

Really... Is that the whole definition of quantum mechanics? ("New physics"?). And can you explain one or two example of a quantum mechanic? Again, in a simple way, preferably with no technical terms, in a way that a layman can understand. Thanks.

Best Answer

Not quite "new" physics. It essentially a type of physics that involves the subatomic (stuff smaller than an atom) stuff, that does not follow Newton's Laws or the stuff Einstein talked about.

I already did give you two examples. One was the uncertainty principle I described in the other reply, and another was string theory.

Best Answer

So the law that governs atoms is different than the law that governs our current physical law, right? Do we know why? How different are they?

Oh, and I thought that there was something like a (relatively simple) Newtonian law that can be used to explain behaviors in atoms. Well, thanks anyway.

Best Answer

Google "NOVA The Elegant Universe" (search it on YouTube) and watch the full documentary. I understood it when I was 12 in 7th grade; you should be able to, too. In fact, that's what got me into quantum mechanics :D

Best Answer

One more question, what did Einstein physics do that went beyond Newton?

Best Answer

Thanks I'll check it out.

Best Answer

Einstein's physics involved more of the atomic and subatomic (though not quite quantum) physics and took into consideration the universal speed limit of light.

Best Answer

Michio Kaku is in it. I love that guy.

Best Answer

Oh yeah me too, he has a knack for explaining things in a simple way. Anyway I can see why people lose sleep over this, forget to eat, socialize, fall in love... because this is so interesting, lol.

Best Answer

Yup. I fell in love with science and math. It's far more satisfying than actual love.

Best Answer

Yes according to science what was the highest speed reached by matter during the expansion of the universe after the big bang?

Best Answer

We don't know. From our observations, we have been able to infer that it's expanding far faster than the speed of light. This doesn't break relativity because it's not traveling through space; space itself is expanding. It's one of the biggest mysteries of cosmology, although I do have a theory that could explain it. I'm not saying what it is yet, of course, as I actually plan to publish it.

Best Answer

Well the outer edge of the expansion would always be traveling though non space, would it not? Because space only came into existence within the bubble of expansion right? So the bubble of expansion would always be expanding into non space... The edge of the Universe would always be non space because the universe has not expanded into it to create space within it..

So what caused the speed to suddenly reduce from a speed far in excess of light to the current rate of expansion... that is currently actually increasing according to science...

Best Answer

The bubble will be expanding into we have no idea what. It depends on the universe's curvature.
The speed is still far excess in light. It's actually accelerating, and we think it's due to dark matter. But no one knows what dark matter is.
I have my own groundbreaking theory, but since I actually plan to publish it soon, I can't tell you until I do.

Best Answer

Well if the only thing that exists in the universe then the bubble of the universe must be expanding into Nothing. thus with Nothing you have no resistance so the speed of expansion should never have slowed down.
No resistance to speed means speed should be maintained. But the expansion of the universe supposedly slowed but now is accelerating again. Things down add up.

Best Answer

Gravity would cause the speed of expansion to slow down. If it is speeding up that is where we have a problem.

Best Answer

If the gravity theory of the slowing down of the universe was true then the universe would be slowing down now. It would eventually stand still and then start to collapse. But the observations reveal that it is currently accelerating.

Best Answer

It is speeding up. That's one of the biggest questions in cosmology... of which I think I have an answer to :P

Best Answer

How is rocket fuel combusted and later used as an afterburner and why is it so expensive? Theres a question you will have trouble answering lol

Best Answer

Rocket fuel is essentially liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen. Anyone that's taken middle school chemistry knows that when those two come into contact with each other, the results are explosive. It produces water as a byproduct, but due to the exothermic nature of the reaction, it gets so hot that it produces steam instead. As far as the afterburning... that I'm not so sure of. From what I know, there are either stages of rockets or booster rockets. For the shuttle, the main rocket is the big brownish yellow part. The two side rockets (I think they're called Solid Rocket Boosters or SRBs) kick in after the main fuel tank uses up its fuel.

Dude, I live in Florida. I've been to the space coast more than once (in fact, I went about a month ago) and I can see the shuttle launches from my house. I know a thing or two about rockets. xD

Best Answer

You Know Rocket Science Very Usefull Skill Kudos My Friend Kudos
And the after burner works by the heat that is produced by the primary fuel source that is then used to power the second rocket booster components

Best Answer

The two boosters do not use Hydrogen and Oxygen. They use a solid explosive chemical.. They are like a controlled dynamite explosion..

Best Answer

Nuh uh. I've been to the Kennedy Space Center several times, and I've seen the tanks they have that contain the oxygen and hydrogen...
Unless you're referring to the solid fuel being PART of the combustion system. But the main combustion system is a H/O reaction.

Best Answer

:P

Best Answer

I have a mug from the KSC that says "What part of [ten rocket science equations] don't you understand?" on the back it explains the equations. xD

Best Answer

What is the most fascinating thing that you've ever come across.

Best Answer

Hm? Oh that's so hard to say. Perhaps it's the Golden Spiral or the math they "don't teach you in school." I would have to go with fractals, though. They're outright sexy and fascinating for several reasons.

Best Answer

Why do people hate the subject that we love?<br />
I need proof via theorems, axioms, postulates or whatever. XD

Best Answer

xD

Best Answer

What is the most efficient method of b-tagging on the CMS for boosted jets?

Best Answer

I'm not sure so much about the actual actions of the LHC much. I know about the particles themselves, but not much about the actual actions of the LHC.

Best Answer

How make a negative of a atom

Best Answer

Well, you can't make a "negative" of an atom, but you could theoretically build an atom entirely of antiparticles.

Best Answer

I wouldent mind Mix a anti with with normal

Best Answer

Umm antimatter isn't theoretical :)

Best Answer

Antimatter?

Best Answer

It is impossible to really put it in layman's terms. I can only give an example for layman's terms. Think of an electron. You know it has negative charge. An antielectron would have positive charge. Antimatter essentially inverts a subatomic particle's spin.

Best Answer

Yes you would. The results are *explosive*

Best Answer

Why isn't ba<x>se 12 funny? Because 9,10,11! lolololololol.

Best Answer

Heheheh

Best Answer