xXmonsieurhamXx xXmonsieurhamXx 31-35 12 Answers Jul 23, 2012

That's like saying that all politicians are honest. Politicians want the vote and the media wants the ratings, so either group will do whatever it takes to stir the pot. Reliability gets tossed out with the trash.

Best Answer

Depends on how much you want to know things.

Best Answer

No. They ALL have an agenda. You may think it's reliable because you agree with their particular point of view. But you still need more than the media offer today. IMO Fox news is the worst for bias reporting, yet they claim Fair & Balanced? What a joke.

Best Answer

Fuy. You say FOX is the most biased, but they have never been caght fabricating stories and wringing made up news stories as CNN, MSNBC, NBC (infamous for doing this) ABC and CBS (remeber Dan Rather and the false made up letters about George Bush? Also more people watch Fox and trust it more than All other news organizations combined. Why is that? The news organizations you apparently trust are not biased in your view? What about the lies and editorializing a news story while reporting it? That;s ok for them but not any others that might disagree with you? Where is the bias? I am trying hard to stay with what the asker asked and not bring politics into this, not withstanding a bit of a joke at the end of my answer and even that did not single out any one organization. I would challenge you to prove that FOX lies and shows more bias in reporting a story. Remember there is a difference between a news report and an editorial. For example Hannity and a few other programs are editorializing on previously reported news items. Just like your "trusted" channels do. The difference is Fox does not mix the two. The others do. FOX has a person from both sides of an issue on their editorial programs. The others do not. They may call David Brookes a conservative, but he is nothing of the sort. But can you say the same about Deborah Schultz, head of the DNC and sometime Obama spokesperson?

Best Answer

After your lengthy retort I reread what I had written to be sure you were replying to my comment rather than some other since it had absolutely nothing to do with Obama, the DNC, politics, or the news organizations you highlighted. ALL was capitalized which would include those you named. IMO to call a news organization with an agenda (which ALL news organizations have) "Fair & Balanced" is a joke. To be fair and balanced would require in depth research and consideration of the facts, views and opinions.

Best Answer

I do not believe there is a single reliable news source. Some are more reliable than others, but I feel the truth lies somewhee within all the sources and the closer you can get to the origianal event the more reliable it is. Besides the bias of news organizations today there is another thing to take into consideration and that is at the original source. Have two eye witnesses to a car wreck but on opposite sides of the street and you will get two version of what happened. They may or may not corraborate each other and have a high chance of being very different. Same is true in every news story. I also believe some common sense and human nature needs to be taken into consideration in many cases. These people are not necessarily lying, that is what most of the news organizations tend to do. LOL!

Best Answer

Yes, but not on public television.

Best Answer

No...that's why you have do a lot of research for yourself.

Best Answer

I live in Mexico and we find our media not reliable at all.

We have become our own media through social networks

Twitter, because is so fast and short reading as well as stream have been very helpfull for us.

Medias in my country STINKS

Best Answer

Even if you saw something with your own two eyes, you can't guarantee that you know the full and true story behind it.

Best Answer

Not truly..some are more reliable than others though.

Best Answer

Nope, unless you go look for the piece of news on one of those alternative websites where you are told the truth. Otherwise? Tv and paper NOT reliable at all

Best Answer

No...they all seem to have a agenda or ax to grind

Best Answer