Kojak100 Kojak100 36-40, M 11 Answers Feb 6 in Community

Inside of most of us there is an instinct that would make us risk or give up our lives to save someone else. If we don't have time to think about it, we will throw ourselves in front of that train or that bus to push that toddler to safety. It happens all the time.

Best Answer

Yes.

Best Answer

well, they call it basic instinct

Best Answer

yes :)

Best Answer

Yes. These acts often seem to come from insanity or impulse, however. We often fail to see it as an act of kindness and selflessness.

Best Answer

When someone takes a bullet for someone else, that is selflessness. But it isn't what most people would do because they are likely to put self preservation first. So it is viewed as insane and/or impulsive.

Best Answer

when someone races into a fire to save another person, that is a selfless act of courage.

Best Answer

yes, knew there had to be one. This question was asked by Joey to Phoebe in Friends and even giving to charity was seen as selfish as it makes the giver feel better about themselves but your suggestion is a truly selfless act (I think!) :)

Best Answer

I find that there are people who will do nothing if there is no incentive in it for them; and certainly, I never wrote a check to charity so I would feel better; I gave because I wanted to, because I realized no matter how bad I feel I've had it, someone always has it worse.

Best Answer

This makes me think of Ayn Rand. I never want to have to think about Ayn Rand.

Best Answer