bijouxbroussard bijouxbroussard 46-50, F 26 Answers Dec 8, 2012 in Loss of a Child

I don't think so. Grieving is a very personal experience.

Best Answer

Still grieving for my son who passed away in July 2003

Best Answer

Very sorry, Ned.

Best Answer

thank you

Best Answer

as long as it takes.

Best Answer

Yes, fortunately it is limited to one lifetime, and sometimes it will last that long; but hopefully the pain will dull. Then a time will come during a day when you notice that pain was gone for a little while.

Best Answer

You grieve as long as you grieve. For some pain there will always be grief.

Best Answer

i don't suppose so. you do whatever is necessary.<br />
i think the formal mourning period is one year in a lot of cultures.

Best Answer

Difficult question. I read that beyond a certain point, continuing to grieve is a sign of depression or other problems. I don't know how the appropriate length of time is determined. Personally, I think people have different levels of attachment to their loved ones. Just because one person is able to move on sooner, it doesn't mean everyone should be able to do the same. I think it is very insensitive to force a timetable on a grieving person. Even if people suspect the person is giving in to depressive thought patterns, the right way to handle it would not be to remind them of a timetable they need to stick with.

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

People will soothe their pains in different ways, from denial of death to commitment to a cause. I sorta hope we have a lust for life that can surprise us.

Best Answer

I like to think so, too.

Best Answer

We grieve until we cannot grieve any longer. Time lessens the pain as we gain acceptance - without acceptance we cannot move forward with our lives. Grieving on or near the anniversary of our lose is natural, too! My Mom's birthday was on July 4th and for 5 years after she died, I missed her terribly on her birthday....

Best Answer

(hugs)) Sorry, kb.

Best Answer

Thanks. She was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease in 1978. When my Dad died in Jan 1981, we moved her in with us and I took care of her for 6 years until I could not tend to her physical needs anymore. She died in 1994 in a nursing home and she hadnt known who I was, or who she was, I hope for the last 10 years of herr life. I'll always remember her as the wonderful, caring mother of my youth. Talking about her brings a tear to my eyes, but it's good to remember...thanks for the memories bb!

Best Answer

No you should allow youselve all the time you need to grieve and heal

Best Answer

No, you need to go with whatever feels right to you. As a side note though, I do think there is a social expectation on those who are grieving to be seen to be grieving for a respectable amount of time - whatever that means!

Best Answer

Yes, I've noticed that, too. ;)

Best Answer

Their memories are with us forever..so, have we really lost them?

Best Answer

I think it's different for every person.

Best Answer