The other day I asked if I should tell my best friend I like him. I've decided to go ahead and do so, even if only cryptically because I'm too scared to say it flat out to his face. A while back, he showed me a really cute love song, and it's perfect to describe the situation! I want him to know I like him, but I'm scared to just say it, so I took the lyrics of the song he showed me, and put them all in lowercase letters. I capitalized certain letters to spell out a message of what I want to say. If I gave him the sheet I wrote it on, would that be a good way to tell him I like him? Would he figure it out, or be like "Oh, random capital letters..." What if I folded it and wrote something like "more than lyrics" or "look beyond the lyrics" or something? When (er, IF!!) I give it to him, do I just hand it to him and walk away, stand there and wait, or put it somewhere where he'll find it when I won't be around or what? What if he doesn't feel the same way? Would this freak him out? Is this a good idea or totally stupid? Also- we are still pretty young, yet... Just high school...
caseymarie caseymarie 16-17 11 Answers Nov 28, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

Leave that to him.. If he likes you, he should be the one to gather courage and tell you.

No matter what the circumstances are, if he likes you that much, he will tell you.

Best Answer

I would suggest being direct. Most guys are not good at guessing deeper meanings. However, if you know he likes to solve puzzles, then write "Look beyond the lyrics" or perhaps "Can you find the secret message?" on what you give him. Also, I would suggest giving it to him in person. If you are afraid to do that, then be sure to write your name on what you give him. The idea is cute; however not everyone would be able to understand its meaning. Something else to think about is whether him being unable to decrypt your message would make you think less of him.

Best Answer

Okay.

Best Answer

Or you could ask him if he finds you attractive?

Best Answer

I agree

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer

Sure

Best Answer