It's been that way for about 15 years, when jobs started moving over seas.

Best Answer

It's also the reason a lot of them are going with labor pools and temp services; Cheap labor that only pays minimum wage to with no benefits.

Best Answer

It is not a trend it is a deliberate strategy. The race to the bottom for the working class. Take away their benefits and the unions to stand up for the workers. We are headed to a Dickens novel.

Best Answer

That stuff started in the US during the Reagan years. Temporary employment agencies popped everywhere.

Best Answer

It's been going on for as long as I can remember ... I believe a good majority of your fast food employees might fall under that category along with the service workers in sit down places. Then take a look at your chain stores I think they try and hire as many part time people as they can so they can get by with this. Nothing new ... maybe implemented more than in the past though

Best Answer

yes and they are cutting those hrs and and staffing and demanding double work times from those left and if you raise a voice your gone good ole walmart is takeing the lead and the rest are falling right in line

Best Answer

yes .......yur poverty & health risks have been extended

Best Answer

It's not a new concept. Some industries started doing it ten years ago.

Best Answer

Yes thanks to obama care<br />
you are going to see alot of companies under the 50 rule.

Best Answer

Yes, I left a company that started pulling that trick. It's also why there is an immigrant problem. Companies want you to keep exporting the immigrants they hire so they don't have to pay them benefits. Feeling used by your landlord yet?

Best Answer

Oh, yes, and it has been growing since the mid 90s or earlier.

Best Answer

agreed. I think it's gotten alot worse since then.

Best Answer