Ding, ding, ding you figured out there are many people who are still stuck emotionally. Your uncle is probably stuck somewhere due to some pain. It is hard to see people slowly hurt themselves. Some are aware but just don't know how to change. Love him anyways. Be one of those people in his life who doesn't judge him.

Best Answer

No judgement here, just like you said it is hard to see people hurt themselves.

Best Answer

Try changing his diet. I suggest you watch the documentary " Forks over Knives" on netflix or something. They talk about how a plant-ba<x>sed diet over meds are the best thing and can basically cure you of anything. A woman with cancer went into remission, and a guy with diebeties and high blood pressure, clorestral was able to stop insulin & everything through transforming his diet. I highly recommend it. Usually medications cause a lot of problems. <br />
Here is a link to watch it without download or anything. Just click out the ad on the video box & press play. This is where I watched it:<br />
http://www.ultra-vid.com/forks-over-knives-2011

Best Answer

We can't change his diet, he only eats what he wants to eat. We cook the healthiest food and he won't eat anything but junk. He's fifty-five, we can't treat him like a child. He knows what his diet is doing to him, but we can't force him to eat better.

Best Answer

mmm. I guess thats his choice.

Best Answer

Are you talking to me Jenkins? If so, then thank you and yes, I am an American. I am actually an English major.

Best Answer

nerve damage can effect long term sufferers of type 2 diabetes....but being viligant and taking good care of oneself is important..early treatment can reduce the risks of amputation...don't be too hard on your uncle...he has enough to deal with...offer support...what's done is done.

Best Answer

Not trying to be hard on him, I would never give him anything but support and positive comments. I know what he has been through and it hasn't been a cake walk.

Best Answer

then he's lucky to have you...maybe deep down he knows that.

Best Answer

Thank you, hun.

Best Answer

No. You are not wrong to feel this way. It's still a very sad situation though. The majority of diseases ARE preventable through eating a healthy diet and exercising regularly and not indulging excessively in things like alcohol and tobacco. There is a reason we have become one of the unhealthiest nations on earth, but at the end of the day, it's really all about personal responsibility eh?

Best Answer

I am only frustrated because he was making excuses as to why he didn't get his foot taken care of sooner.

Best Answer

I completely understand and you are justified in feeling that way. It's horrible though that he is paying such a heavy price for not taking his diabetes much more seriously. Sadly, it's an all too common story.

Best Answer

Way too common, I agree.

Best Answer

Sometimes we are just tired of having medical problems (if we have several) and tired of going to the dr. We just kinda avoid taking care of something &amp; hope it will get better on its own. You sound like a wonderfully understanding person and he is lucky to have you in the family:)

Best Answer

Thank you very much. :)

Best Answer

NO, it is NOT wrong, because he didn't take the responsibility of caring for himself as an adult. My sister is going down the same road, and she will eventually be MY burden, and it ****** me off.

Best Answer

Thank you for understanding what I meant. I'm sad for him, but also frustrated that he didn't care for himself. We will be supportive of him, obviously that's not the question, I just wish he would still have two functioning feet.

Best Answer

I fully understand, even the medical intervention seems familiar. My sister would have DIED if I didn't bark at her to go to the doctor, and make my parents take her. She had a spinal infection, and it would have left her paralyzed.

Best Answer

This! This is exactly it! They don't understand how their inaction will effect the people who care about them!

Best Answer

Not wrong, only logical. I had a boss like that once, type 2 diabetic, ate (literally) nothing but fast food, pizza, and takeout (drank diet coke though...), worked himself nearly to death. He had a near fatal heart attack at 40 (had to have 5 stents put in), even he said it was his own fault. Still sucks though, wouldn't wish something like that on anyone.

Best Answer

Well he must of manifest alot of negative thoughts along the years. he can start to feel better with a little effort. If he just clear his mind. Just focus on nothing or something simple like feeling a loved ones face with his mind. Or pealing an orange and smelling the mist as he peels it. If he just relax and take some natural medicines he will get better faster than you think

Best Answer

Sadly, he wouldn't be interested in natural remedies. He doesn't take care of himself in the first place, unfortunately.

Best Answer

C'mon people, how does anybody deserve it? We are each dealt a different set of DNA, some much weaker than others, I'm friends with a woman who is in her 40s and has had 2 kidney transplants and spent years on dialysis, hers failed when she was about 14.. I suppose that's her fault is it? Nope, some peoples organs just fail and they are going to fail regardless of what they eat or how much they jump up and down.<br />
Just be there for him, the last thing he needs to feel like is a burden, I'm sure he's depressed enough already. Just remember that someday you might be in his position so treat him as you would expect to be treated yourself.

Best Answer

No one said he deserved it, just that by not taking care of himself it was bound to happen.

Best Answer

I was solely referring to losing his foot, not the kidney failure. You can't prevent your body from failing, but you can get treated by being proactive about your health.

Best Answer

No, your prob. right. It sounds like you guys are taking good care of him. That's all you can do..

Best Answer

Thank you.

Best Answer

doesn't matter..........he's family & he needs support & love now ;-)

Best Answer

Of course and he has always had ours.

Best Answer

yur the best ;-)

Best Answer

Thank you dear.

Best Answer

Regardless if it was bad luck or the lack of taking care of himself, he doesn't deserve this kind of pain.

Best Answer

I didn't say he deserved it.

Best Answer