I can relate. Believe me.

Best Answer

Nobody's perfect, hun.<br />
We can learn and don't repeat mistakes of others.

Best Answer

I would say it is especially since putting your kid in the corner for a time out is now considered abuse

Best Answer

being thrown into a wall is different than being told to sit in a corner.

Best Answer

I know that!! All I was sayig is that if telling your kid to go sit in the corner is abuse than certainly throwing them is

Best Answer

oh I thought you were calling the kid a softie...

Best Answer

It is both mental abuse and physical abuse. Verbal and mental abuse is actually the same, but the physical abuse does cause mental abuse as well. Kids who are exposed to that kind of upbringing have a much harder time as adults. They tend to be either very scared at life or overly violent to it. They also have the greatest difficuly with raising their own kids or maintaining any kind of commited relationship. As children we learn the skills neccessary to have relationships of any kind. With that upbringing the child will never learn the needed social skills to succed in life both in business and personally.

Best Answer

Yes, it would be considered abuse physical AND verbal abuse. There's really nothing I can say other than, the golden rule for me is if someone were to talk to to me about a) hurting themselves, b) someone hurting them or someone else, or c) they are going to hurt someone... Then I would tell someone who could help. Take care and tell someone you trust. I am not able to give you any more advice but that, because this is a very serious matter.

Best Answer

Are you bi-polar?.....................<br />
Yeah no-ones perfect but why wouldnt this child be able to have friends?.............yelling for not making a bed?...let it go, lifes too short.........being happy when bad things happen to your kid?...ummm I dont understand that one.<br />
Are you a single parent?..is there more than one child?*one older one younger*?......<br />
Think this person should be a bit more kinder and compassionate, in my opinion.......to the child that they brought into this sometimes cruel world. Children need support and praise to grow up balanced.

Best Answer

the child protection agency should look into it. they are who determines if there is abuse. and if it should be brought to court. shaking and throwing a child into a wall should be abuse no matter what state you are in.

Best Answer

Yes. It is very common for a family to single out a child for abuse. In families of origin, it is usually the youngest. In blended families, it is usually the oldest. But it can be any child. If you know for a fact that they are physically assaulting the child, you have a moral duty to notify the authorities. It is far better to feel guilty about calling the cops, than to go to the kids funeral knowing you might have stopped it.

Best Answer