(In the 70's my parents had watched and enjoyed Roots. A short time later they got a pure white cat they called Kizzy. Roots was on too late for me to watch, besides it would have been inappropriate for a child my age then. I never worried about Kizzy the cat until years later when I read Roots. I was raised more race-unaware than being taught about racism. One of my dad's closest friends was black. We had black people who lived around us, I went to school with black kids. I was just never taught that they were any different. So I'm not really sure if Kizzy was a racist cat. (I did go out with a black woman named Kizzy later.)
krool1969 krool1969 41-45, M 11 Answers Nov 26, 2012 in Politics

is it sired by Kunta?. oO

Best Answer

lmbo....

Best Answer

It depends.<br />
Preliminary results is no....<br />
I looked it up, it is an English name. http://www.behindthename.com/name/kizzy/related<br />
It is from the name Keziah, which is a Biblical name. http://www.behindthename.com/name/keziah<br />
BUT it comes down to the hearts of the ones who named the cat really.

Best Answer

No. are you nuts. You can read into anything you want to. Your an American: you have the right to be wrong. How about a fat Guy called slim. Or a tall Guy called Shorty. Or a ugly girl called foxy. Or a transgirl called ******. Like me. Some people are just waiting to be offended. The question is are you?

Best Answer

No, what's racist is black dog named "reggin." My college roommate's grandpa's dog was named that.

Best Answer

the questions some people ask...lol

Best Answer

I just remember that guy James from Good Times being in Roots.

Best Answer

No, I wouldn't be offended by any of that...

Best Answer

Was the black woman named Kizzy a racist? No? Then it probably wasn't racist to name the cat that.

Best Answer

What's Kizzy and what's roots?

Best Answer

Roots is the 7 generation story of Alex Haley's family. It begins with Haley's several times great grandfather, Kunta Kinte stolen from Africa. Kizzy was his first daughter born in America. Kizzy was his word for "Stay Put"

Best Answer

Read the book (still in print). it's very good. I like the end, when Haley returns to Africa and hears of his ancestor in an oral history of his ancestral village.

Best Answer

I wish Haley had written a story about someone who didn't get taken by slavers - I was loving the African bit...

Best Answer