I struggled for a long time. It's hard finding the right balance between diet and exercise. I think I'm on the right track now. The only thing I'm missing is a trainer and a gym membership. I started 3 years ago at 180 lbs (I'm 5 ft 2 in) and I've made it as low as 138 lbs and I am currently at 145 lbs.

Best Answer

The body is an incredibile machine/device and generally most people know more about maintaining their motor veichle, than their own bodies. When the body is damaged it repairs itself like a broken bone or cut finger, The body works each day to maintain, from4am to 12 noon its cleansing and should only be fuelled with fruit at this time. 12 noon to 8pm is when the body expects to be fed, then 8pm to 4am is a bit like a mail centre, is sorts the good the from bad of the food intake during the day. Fruit ,vegetables,lean meat ,chicken, fish and water, is all the body basically requires to keep it running perfectly. It simply doesnt need alchohol, or junk food of any desc<x>ription, but deals with it when required. We understand a car only needs petrol,gas ,oil, and water to run effectively, with regular servicing , while the body needs its daily servicing with regular excercise as well. Everyone from 9 to 90 should have a daily execise program, but few of us ever give it a thought. Weight management is really all about eating healthily, and it should come easy to everyone

Best Answer

I have actually tried this approach over a long period of time with the effect of my blood pressure becoming very low by mid morning. I have found I need to eat more than just fruit in the morning in order to keep my energy up. But I glad it works for you as it is an easy and efficient way to stay healthy.

Best Answer

I probably am genetically blessed. when I was young it seemed like any amount of any kind of food wouldn't put much weight on me. I hated being so skinny. In my late 30s I made a conscious decision to only rarely drink soda pop, to restrict sweets in my diet, and not to eat bread except in carryout food. I also later dropped breakfast cereals. Thanks to Dr. Atkins for educating me that dietary fat is not the cause of obesity; rather insulin surges from high-glycemic foods are the culprit. I attribute my avoidance of overweight to those choices. it's not difficult for me. <br />
Grain is not a great food. It spikes insulin and it acidifies the body. Meat only does the latter, so it's a better food. But I do need to eat more vegetables for my PH.

Best Answer

Thank you for the tip but Atkins is impossible for me - makes me feel really dreadful.

Best Answer

I've never actually undertaken to do Atkins, having never read one of his books. I simply do the things I mentioned in my answer, plus if I feel hungry when I don't want to stop and eat, I simply ignore it, because I know it will go away if I do ignore it.

Best Answer

No struggles after Weight Watchers. It reprogrammed my brain to eat healthy.

Best Answer

Congratulations and well done on achieving healthy lifestyle changes.

Best Answer

It's not something I think about, so I guess it's easy. <br />
I've always been a vegetarian, but lactose intolerance has made me eat mostly vegan. I eat what makes me feel good and stay away from that which doesn't (dairy, fried foods, sugary stuff). I'm also very active. I would really have to try to gain weight.

Best Answer

Struggle

Best Answer

Mine is DNA, thank God.

Best Answer