For Christmas I gave my son his first taste of Alcohol a tiny bit of Irish cream less then a quarter of a cup it no more than 3 gulps. He 15.My Mother said it not necessary that why I asked.
MommaBearTo5Kids MommaBearTo5Kids 31-35, F 21 Answers Dec 26, 2012 in Motherhood

It is bad but you still are a good mother.But What's that big bad thing that you've done!!! :) It's not bad of course but a little mistake.<br />
Please be relaxed you still have so much to show your boy that you are a good mother. <br />
I mean you wanted him to taste it no big deal teach your children how to behave and how to face life. Just cause you gave your little boy a taste it doesn't mean now that you have lost the rights to be a good mother to him.

Best Answer

It is not bad at all, i am a 16 year old girl and the first alchohol i ever recieved was from my mom. I am so glad that she let me experience it before i got out into the world and decided to gulp 14 bottles of beer because i didnt know what it did

Best Answer

Of course not. Fair amount of research on this, actually -- stereotypes aside, people who are most vulnerable to the alcohol abuse that precedes alcoholism are more likely to be from homes where it is completely withheld from them than those whose families provide the chance to drink responsibly. Only thing to be careful about with children is adjusting serving size to body weight -- 4 oz Irish Cream is maybe what, 2 oz 80 proof alcohol -- you can use an online blood alcohol calculator to estimate. Wine is always a good choice -- they usually don't like the taste, so they don't ask for more.

Best Answer

no

Best Answer

lol.. I think my parents gave me a sip of wine when I was 8. I lived in Spain for a decade and it was common place for kids as young as 6 to have a small glass of champagne to cheer for the holidays.

Best Answer

You *started* with rioja? Lucky guy!

Best Answer

lol.. actually I lived in Spain as an adult and didn't discover the exceptional wines of spain, "rioja" being one of them until then.

Best Answer

Nah

Best Answer

No.<br />
She's being a b*.

Best Answer

Not wicked but alcohol is not something I would encourage!!!!!

Best Answer

15! For goodness sake, of course its ok at that age! I introduced my kids to tiny sips of alcohol when they were quite young; never made a fuss about it and always in the home environment. I hope they have grown up to have a balanced view of how to handle and use alcohol wisely.

Best Answer

Naah, it's fine. My Dad bought me half a cider when I was 8 years old - never done me any harm. Oh, apart from the fact that I am now 42 and totally alcohol dependent; ahh well, no use dwelling on the details, eh?

Best Answer

He'll live.

Best Answer

if you are asking... maybe you already know the answer?

Best Answer

nah bro, he would find out one way or the other, way to establish his knowledge

Best Answer

No, when i was growing up the doctor would tell parents to give a spoon full of Alcohol to elp children sleep.

Best Answer

why are you asking?<br />
is it a common practice to do that?<br />
if you are asking maybe you shouldn't have.<br />
i wouldn't.

Best Answer

My Mother had told me it was not necessary for a 15 year old and feel a bit guilty so I am asking other mothers.

Best Answer

YOU FEEL GUILTY CAUSE YOU'RE A GOOD MOTHER :) THAT'S HOW ALL GOOD MOTHERS FEEL WHEN THEY THINK THEY HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG.JUST AVOID DOING IT AGAIN AND HIDE ALL THAT STUFF FROM YOUR CHILDREN.

Best Answer

Thank you yes we hide alcohol in our house especially because we have young ones.

Best Answer