my mouse is acting weird, it moves by itself all over the screen. do you think I have a virus?
LittleLena LittleLena 36-40, F 11 Answers Nov 5, 2009

maybe it has been drinking ...kidding :D ... I think you need a new mouse ... try it on on another computer and see what happens :)

Best Answer

if it's a cordless one... change the batteries - but if someone else above or below your apt has the same cordless mouse.. that might be a conflict. if it's a wired mouse... check connections... you can also adjust mouse sensativity in your control panel.

Best Answer

If you have an old mouse with a ball in it, it is possible that the contacts are dirty. You can remove the ball and clean the contacts with a Q-tip and wipe the ball with a damp rag. <br />
If it is clean or if it is an optical mouse, it's possible your mouse driver is either outdated or corrupt. One thing you can do is go to update.microsoft.com (if you are using a Microsoft operating system) and click the "custom"button. Look for an update for your mouse. If there isn't one, then your computer is up to date according to Microsoft.<br />
Another thing you can do is go to your "My Computer" icon and right click it. Go to Properties. Click on the Hardware tab. Then click the Device Manager button. Look for "Mice and other pointing devices" and right click the device listed. You can either click Update Driver or continue and click Properties and then click on the Driver tab. Click the Roll Back Driver button. Reboot and see if there is any difference.<br />
If all of the above has been done and it's still acting up on you, it's probably faulty.<br />
I hope this helps.

Best Answer

Hey Lena. Go off of EP and see if it is still happening. Mine is acting funny tonight but just on EP. It is jumping from the bottom of the screen to the top. And then if I touch it, jumps across to the opposite side.

Best Answer

It was!....before I ...KILLED IT!!

Best Answer

my mouse is weird also,,yours probley needs cleaning,,unscrew the bottom take out the ball clean out the lint from the rollers,

Best Answer

Yeah, he keeps running in the wheel like he has somewhere to go ...weird

Best Answer

my cat does.look at him!insane..my mouse is fine! :P

Best Answer

Faulty wires perhaps. Mine used to do the same thing. Or it's dirty?

Best Answer