s0undgarden s0undgarden 16-17, M 4 Answers Feb 15 in Politics

wouldn't the first language be of the native tribes

Best Answer

I suppose it'd be of those who first declared the land theirs with an army.

Best Answer

There are plenty of multi-lingual nations in the world. If French is officially recognised, why does it matter?

Best Answer

I'm not entirely sure. But there are less francophones than there are anglophones.

Best Answer

Wrong. Do your research.

Best Answer

Actually less than a quarter of Canadian people speak french, and the majority of them live in Quebec.

Best Answer

I see. Carry on good sir.

Best Answer

Canada has two official languages; English and French. And no, the first language is not French.

Best Answer

Hate to brake to you ‚ guy but if you'd have known something about history you'd know Canada was founded by the French proving my point.

Best Answer

Is this a big issue in Canada?

Best Answer

Very.

Best Answer

Only to some disenchanted Quebecois who want what they want for themselves but fail to recognise that they in fact were not the First people here in Canada. That honour belongs to the First Nations people.

Best Answer

Not "officially", now go forth and Die.

Best Answer

Sorry to "break" it to you sweet "thang", BUT This country was inhabited by the First Nations people BEFORE any Europeans set foot here. It is YOU that needs to learn about history my love.

Best Answer

......"are you stupid or somethin'"?

Best Answer

I think I just may be. I mean really, I have a masters degree, majored in sociology, minored in anthropology and political science in CANADA, have over 25 years professional experience addressing social and political issues all over the country AND I am having this discussion with a child. Yup, pretty stupid of me. Come back and have an informed conversation when you at least graduate from High school or CEGEP.

Best Answer

And yet still you manage to be wrong. How does she do it?

Best Answer