KilluaGodspeed KilluaGodspeed 18-21, M 19 Answers Jan 23, 2013 in Hobbies

ask that question after YOUR 3 year old runs out into the street for the 4rth time....a little "negative reinforcement" goes a long way

Best Answer

I would say that this is one instance where physical correction may be appropriate - to prevent them from doing harm to themselves or others.

Best Answer

It's cases like this that I'm referring to, not minor infractions.

Best Answer

you can ALWAYS tell the parents who don`t spank their kids....they are the ones in the supermarket watching their kid throw a Shite fit temper tantrum cuz they didn`t get the Pez dispenser they wanted..

Best Answer

it's sad that you have to resort to hitting a 3 year old.

Best Answer

Is a great way of teaching them to use violence when they get frustrated.

Best Answer

No it's not. Sometimes a child needs to be disciplined in a more strict way to be an obedient child.

Beating your children all the time to make them listen or discipline them is totally wrong.

But from time to time if that child doesn't want to listen to your words you should beat him in a less harmful way. But of course beating your children all the times won't make them obedient but they might fear you.

We want children to be straight people and good ones in the community not turning them to monsters.

Start with yourself and be a good example for your children.

Too much freedom can spoil a child so be the one who leads them not they leading you.

Best Answer

Yes. Yes it is.

Best Answer

Spanking/smacking used to be way more common if you go back maybe 50 or a 100 years. It was regarded as a normal part of growing up at home or in school. If the connection between this and mental health problems is so strong, why was the world not populated by messed up individuals back then? I am talking about normal parental discipline, not beating the stuffing out of them.

The problem with asking a question like this is that it attracts the nut jobs from both sides to condemn the other without admitting they know squat and maybe there is a middle ground where for some kids it works and for others it does not. Some kids are traumatised by their parents not buying them the latest fashion brands and some parents are so scared of asserting their authority that the kids whatever they want. Comes a bit of a shock when they rock up at uni or to work and still expect everyone to run about after them and let them have their own way.

Best Answer

I am looking at your age and assuming maybe you got cracked.

I have two sons 18 and 20 who when I talk like a human being to and reason I fell like the conversation is a waste of time.

Getting older now and see that cracking them will result in a physical altercation. so cracking you may be the only true message that you are wrong or what you do is not tolerated.

Best Answer

I'm sorry, but that's one of things that's destroying society today. Kid's are not getting a good old fashion trip to the woodshed. Now a slap on face is dead wrong and stupid, but a good spanking is sometimes required, and the lack of corporal punishment in today's society is creating monsters right and left.

Best Answer

definitely!

Best Answer

Yes...violence only makes for more violence.

Best Answer

Sometimes ...but not conveying the message can be worse.

Best Answer

Yes, never mind illegal, immoral and unnecessary

Best Answer

Killua get over it we know your family tortured you. D:/

On a serious note I have to agree. I use to get hit by my father sometimes and I can't even recall why.

Best Answer