I remember reading somewhere once that the teen years are God's way of helping parents let go. lol

Best Answer

I am a single mom to two daughters, ages 18 and 14. I have raised them on my own while serving in the military (I retired in Jan 2011), no child support, no contact with the father (his decision) and very little family support. Yes, it's been difficult but it has also been very rewarding... The three of us are very close; we've always had to depend on each other and we still do. I am proud of both of them and I am awed at times by the caring, strong and empowered young women they have become... I never intended on raising them by myself; it's just how it turned out... I would have preferred to have had a wonderful, loving husband to provide them a good example of what a marriage should be, instead, I made a choice to leave an abusive man and not raise my girls with that type of example...

Best Answer

I am the kind of mom I'd be with or without a spouse- never understood how having a mate changes the quality of your love and devotion

Best Answer

you know my fiancee has a teenager. We've been engaged for ten, going on eleven years though, so technically she's a single mom, but in practise, I'm the step-father, and "our" young'n is growing up to be a fine young adult. Worst problem we have is driving her around on her plans, and that's not a problem at all.....I think we're lucky

Best Answer