Yes, it is, and I am of that generation. And not just ironic, but pitiful.<br />
Tom Brokaw called my parents' generation the Greatest Generation because they survived the Great Depression and won WWII. I think my boomer generation should be called the Pitiful Generation.<br />
Jackson Browne said it best: "We started out so young and strong, only to surrender."

Best Answer

I see it a different way. The draft is gone and is politically impossible to bring back. We're spending 4.7% of our GDP on the military, and that's about half of what it was during the Cold War. And then we can look at casualty figures and see that they've been going down for 60 years. Or the number of personnel that the Pentagon commands, which is millions fewer than it used to be. Or we could look at the figures showing that, While military spending is high, armed conflict around the world is not as common as it used to be and has been declining since the end of World War II.

Best Answer

The draft is gone because they don't need it. And the US spends more money on defense then the top 10 militaries in the world combined. And global conflict has been the same as always. While conflicts in Asia are down, conflicts in Africa are up. The number of people working for the Pentagon doesn't mean anything to me. Add that to the fact that Baby boomers started a war on terror which will never end because the Baby boomers are paid off by defense contractors and oil companies.

Best Answer

I didn't know that muslims hated war.

Best Answer

I didn't know muslims was a generation XD

Best Answer

I didn't know that gen XD ( what ever that is ) started a war.

Best Answer

You need to watch the news then.

Best Answer

You mean and be filled with propaganda like you are ? No thanks I will read and get my information and truth.

Best Answer

Yea because there is NO propaganda in written news. You're a dunce.

Best Answer

Ahh the alinsky rules for radicals # 7.5. You have no idea where I go and what I do and do not read. You assume and you have just made an *** out of yourself.

Best Answer

It doesn't matter what you read. ALL news have propaganda in it. And I love making assumptions.

Best Answer

So you know every website out there and you know that they all have propaganda? Right junior.

Best Answer

I might as well haha

Best Answer

Hmmm...arent you generalizing that generation?Not everyone from the 70s were hippies although its more entertaining to potray in on tv and films that way.I am anti war by the way so im not trying to be a smartass although my answer may come across as one.

Best Answer

Yea I'm generalizing lol.

Best Answer