I mean, the kid's gonna learn the truth eventually, and when they do, they'll just know that their parents are a couple of lying a-holes.
Rivfader Rivfader 26-30, M 13 Answers May 25, 2013 in Community

"A little nonsense every now and then is relished by the wisest of men"Gene Wilder as Wonka

Best Answer

Could say the same thing of God.

Best Answer

Really? No.

Best Answer

I think telling kids Santa claus is real is bs making them believe in something that is fake and a lie

Best Answer

No its not. Childhood is a time of fairy tales and happiness. If you take that away from kids and give them the real cruel world full of violence, hatred, misery, and despair straight on out, they have a bigger chance of becoming one of the lying a-holes them selves.

This way you show them what happiness is and that there is a better version of the world which gives them something to aspire for. Plus playing Santa and planting gifts is fun. xD

At least that's the effect fairy tales had on me.

If you're not gonna tell them Santa exists might as well stop pretending the spoon is a plane when you feed the baby, which makes you weird.

Best Answer

I'm not saying tell them about child-slavery in Cambodia, I'm saying why tell them something that is pointless, and complete bs? Telling them the truth, is saying that you the parents, are giving them the presents, which lets you teach them to be grateful to the right person, and not believe in something that's nonsense.

Best Answer

Its not pointless and complete bs, the point is what I already mentioned, letting them know that the potential for something amazing exists. Its a subconscious effect. And there's plenty of other things kids can be grateful to their parents. I figured out Santa isn't real pretty young but I went with it cause its nice and nothing bad about it. Like playing a fun game. xD
I've had friends both who weren't told fairy tales and those who were and frankly I think the those who were told turned out better.

Best Answer

They want their kids to have faith in a false promise.

Best Answer

yes and especially when he isnt real

Best Answer

I agree with you. Parents shouldn't lie to their kids about things that doesn't exist. Reality should be taught, and not being in la-la land.

Best Answer

it's tradition.

Best Answer