flipper1966 flipper1966 56-60, M 12 Answers Feb 14, 2013 in Hobbies

As opposed to when?

Best Answer

My VDay sales start February 15th.<br />
Sweetest Day is my favorite American Greetings (invented)<br />
Holiday of Love.

Best Answer

I didn't get a date either....

Best Answer

Somewhere, somebody is making millions selling "Valentines Day is a sellout" cards and merchandise. Or if they aren't, I could be...

Best Answer

Yeah!

Best Answer

There were parents today who packed party size bags of candies and toys for my second grader's entire class. I sent fun-size Kitkats. If I was a weaker person I'd feel pressured to spend more next year, but I think it's kind of creepy. People are like robots sometimes. They receive their programs and they go on to perform expected tasks. I feel like we're in the minority these days.

Best Answer

Why did they do that ? Do they have sweets to their friends or ?

Best Answer

They had a Valentines party today. My little girl came home with a grocery sack full of candy and Dollar Tree toys. It was like we did back when I was in school for Christmas. Of course Christmas has become ridiculous too. Someone from the class contacted me about putting in 20 bucks for a gift for the teacher! I barely had 20 bucks for my own kid's gift! This is an inner-city school, but these parents spend big.

Best Answer

wouldnt exist if there wasnt $$$ to be milked from it...

Best Answer

it was invented to be commercialized

Best Answer

Ya know it was, but it's become so much more commercialized. It's saturated into every other category. Not satisfied with just selling candies and small gifts and flowers, we have Valentine pork specials and heart shaped everything for a month before the 14th hits.

Best Answer

Christmas has too..

Best Answer

President's Day too!!

Best Answer

I have no idea what that is :/

Best Answer

Christmas was actually invented by a jew name haim berg he owned a big famous department store back in the day

Best Answer

I thought the story of Christmas originated In Germany ? The whole Saint Nick

Best Answer

Oh man, Flipper, I was mesmerized by two rapping, hippity-hopping freaks dressed as presidents for this one furniture sale advertisement. I couldn't tell you what the furniture looked like because of those dancers.

Best Answer