They don't happen by accident. Maybe if we thought about them differently, there would be fewer of them.
Zedda Zedda 46-50, F 9 Answers Feb 14 in Parenting & Family

The only accidental pregnancy that occurs is with the disgusting act of rape. Other than that I don't think anyone is like oh I didn't know of the possible consequences of my act. So in that respect it couldn't be accidental because the intentions for sex were known and everyone knows the possible outcome of sex. No one accidentally gets HIV, so there should be no accidental pregnancy.

Best Answer

Absolutely they do happen by accident.

Best Answer

More unintended than accidental

Best Answer

That's what accidental means.

Best Answer

Sort of. All acts which create a pregnancy are intentional, even if a pregnancy is not desired. The act is intentional on the part of at least one of the participants, but the pregnancy is not always the desired result..

Best Answer

Well no, they're not all intentional. A broken condom isn't intentional. A forgotten birth control pill isn't intentional. A botched vasectomy isn't intentional. Fertilization and implantation aren't intentional. Premature *********** isn't intentional. Being raped isn't intentional.

Best Answer

Right. Those pregnancies are not intentional. We do know no method is fool proof, so intentionally engaging in an act with the potential for insemination is not accidental. I am only wondering if we changed the way we think about it would people be more careful. Calling it accidental kind of implies no fault, when in fact some precautions were not heeded.

Best Answer

I think you're going a long way to avoid the simple solution that is abortion. I guess I understand why you would do so. But I don't think blaming people is the solution. People do all kinds of stupid things without caring for the consequences. And you're forgetting that we tried what you are saying already, it was called the 1950s, but people still got pregnant.

Best Answer

I wasn't thinking of abortion at all, nor blame. I was thinking people might be more inclined to prepare more adequately in advance if they don't think of pregnancies as accidents. I was prompted by a young male who was very pissed his 'bit of fun for the party' got pregnant. HE wasn't responsible because it was just a party. He is not unusual. Kids and some adults, both sexes, think this way. It is like they forget sex is procreational while they are doing the recreational part. I was thinking how those attitudes might be changed.

Best Answer

But see that is the kind of person who will never think of his actions. He will drive drunk, he will smoke, he will download free movies online, he will do whatever he can get away with. Some people only learn the hard way.

Best Answer

unless it's done under rape than it's could be accidental? But maybe not maybe it was the plan all along?

Best Answer

Being raped and get pregnant is an 'accident'. For pre marital sex it's not appropiate.

Best Answer

Accidental Mom ?

Best Answer

.... accidental Dad? : )

Best Answer

but they do happen.

Best Answer

true, they do

Best Answer

unplanned pregnancy?

Best Answer

that's better, IMO

Best Answer

Thank you Zedda,I think many things are not looked at criticly enough ,& languge is one of them. The words used should convey the meaning of what is actually meant in any statement.

Best Answer

I tripped and fell inside her... and came hahaha

Best Answer

Would you feel better using the phrase "unintended pregnancy"?

Best Answer

That would better describe the circumstance.

Best Answer