You don't live your life based on lies, and then say you didn't lose anything. That's just irrational.

Best Answer

Good point. I should have rephrased it then. Christians wouldn't have eternal consequences as a result of being wrong, but the atheists would.

Best Answer

Oh and to add, you stated there are horrible consequences for atheists.. proves my point that you judge discriminate and hate just like your imaginary god. If he was real I would rather go to hell than serve such a maniacal self serving jealous murderous malcontent. he is like a five year old having a hissy fit .. waaaa love me and worship me or I will kill you and maim you and not love you back. The devil only kills 10 in the bible .. god murders millions including the whole planet save 7.
We atheist can and do read the bible also... that is why I ma an atheist!!! pile of pure fiction.

Best Answer

If you read the Bible, I can't tell. You have a distorted understanding of what Christians believe about God. And your logic is horrible. Saying that the devil only kills 10 in the Bible is silly, as though the only deaths that count are the ones in the Bible. I don't judge, discriminate, or hate anyone. God has demonstrated His love for you by sending His Son Jesus to bear the judgement that you deserve on your behalf. If you reject His gracious and merciful offer, that's your right. And I don't have the time to correct every little incorrect statement you made, nor do I care to. I'm not trying to persuade you to believe what I believe. People don't convert people, God does. I only hope that you don't get your wish and end up in Hell. Have a great night.

Best Answer

That would be true, assuming god exists. I don't assume that, and have no fear of eternal consequences. I am able to think and act freely, and to urge others to do the same. If we want human civilization to advance to our fullest potential, we have to stop leaving the solutions to our problems in the hands of some non-existent deity. We are it people! It's up to us.

Best Answer

You can saay the same t5hinng for any religion. If believers in Zeus (Odin, Brahma, Marduk, Ahuramazda, etc.) do not lose anything either.

Best Answer

False duality here, not mention Kami no Michi (aka Shinto) of Japan, Shenism of China, Hinduism of India, etc., you copy Pascal's Wager, it quite illogical.

Best Answer

Very true...I'm a Christian and if I'm wrong...then I'm wrong. I wouldn't change anything of my life.

Best Answer

No its not true cos I think both are wrong

Best Answer

Except their time, money, possibly sanity, and life depending on circumstances. Besides, there's another possibility. What if a God is real, but not the Christian one. The Christians could then be banished to a hell as easily as anyone else for just being the wrong religion.

Best Answer

I don't like any religion. Arguing over who has got the best imaginary best friend. It's caused so much suffering on humanity past & present. People should live ethically instead. We all fundamentally want the same thing - like healthy kids. Peeps who preach religion are usually complete hypocrites. No thanks.

Best Answer

Lol I've never heard of people arguing over who's God is better, but ok, maybe you have. I agree with pretty much everything else you said. Religion has caused a lot of suffering throughout history, but as far as Christians go, many people throughout history have done horrific things while claiming to be Christians, which only proves they were never really true followers of Christ. True Christians live out His teachings. Which also goes along with your statement about people who preach religion being hypocritical. True Christians don't pretend to be holier than they are. But you have the right to feel that religion is not for you. I don't look down on people who disagree with what I believe. I can still respect and be friends with atheists or people from different belief systems. People disagree with each other on many different things, politics, music, etc. and can still get along. I don't see why religious beliefs make people so sensitive.

Best Answer

What if atheists and Christians are wrong and Hindus are right. Where does that leave you?

Best Answer

What if aethiests, Christians and Hindus are wrong, and Muslims are right? Cant argue with that one.

Best Answer

Imagine there is no God and no one is wrong.

Best Answer

No, it's not a game where some win and sone lose, the only ones who could be considered losers are the ones who don't question everything imposed to them by society. We are all blind when it comes to faith and the only mistake we keep making is we keep looking for answers to questions that really will always remain unanswered and fight over who is right and who is wrong. We humans don't make sense sometimes :)

Best Answer

I don't think it's a game either. Where we spend eternity is a serious matter. It's your opinion that these questions will always remain unanswered, maybe cause you don't really wanna know.

Best Answer

No, there actually isn't any answer to existential questions like why are we here, what is the purpose of life and so on, and it doesn't really matter, because an answer to these questions would make life horrible, boring. Life is so beautiful because it has no reason to be, yet it is. The best things are the ones that are without any logical reason. And why bother thinking about eternity? eternity is such a huge concept that our minds can't grasp what it actually means, you'll waste your time an energy worrying about a concept that you were told. Maybe you'd like to spend that energy on meditating, going deeper into yourself idk

Best Answer

You're the one that has the questions. Atheists are generally pretty satisfied with their understanding of truth. It's not that WE don't wanna know something, it's that YOU don't.

Best Answer

I don't think you're right, many atheists are not satisfied with their understanding of truth and search for more and more until they die. Lives wasted trying to answer questions that don't have answers and don't really matter. Would life be better for you if you knew what the purpose of life is? I think it would ruin everything. As far as we know, the purpose of life is living. Truth can't be known, it can only be experienced, and I'm not talking about truth like facts or true statements.

Best Answer

Wow! That's a headspinner! Lives wasted in search of truth when they could be walking around delusional? That's just crazy! Why bring facts and true statements into it? Lol! This is fun!

Best Answer

it clearly states in the bible there are only 144, 000 places in heaven and only for the chosen ones.... the jews. So "Christians got more change of platting fog bearing in mind the billions and billions of people that have lived and died to date. Go read Revelations 7:4 better still go actually read the bible cover to cover and learn its genocidal, homophobic sexist murderous contradictory ways for yourself. I will stick to proof, reason, logic and common sense... And of course not pretending to talk to my invisible friend.

Best Answer

I've read the Bible cover to cover many times, attended a Christian college and seminary, and have read books from many of the great Christian theologians throughout church history. Nowhere in the Bible does it say anything about 'only 144,000 places in heaven'. You misread or were misinformed.

Best Answer

I gave you the passage... and if you chose to ignore it and pretend .. oh what am I saying sorry you already do that.

Best Answer

I ignored the passage because if there's any book in the Bible that an unbeliever would misinterpret or misquote it's Revelation. It's ironic that you used the word 'ignore' cause you ignored the context of the verse you're referring to. You can't pick verses to support your argument and take them out of context. That chapter is referring to a specific time period when all those events you 'ignored' will occur. The 144,000 refers to believers who will be sealed. Whether that number is literal or symbolic doesn't even matter in this regard because either way it refutes your statement. This is a specific time period where this occurs, so for you to say that only that 144,000 will go to heaven is ridiculous.

Best Answer

You say whether it is literal or symbolic doesn't matter?????????????????????????????? you did ACTUALLY WRITE THAT.. so it is irrelevant to you what is real or fantasy right or wrong .. talk about devout and blinkered .
Ok you enjoy ..cant exchange with a person that moves the goal posts to suit his / her argument.

Best Answer

I don't read fiction anymore.

Best Answer

No. Think about it this way - if there really is a magical, all-loving God who looks just like a person and lives in the clouds who loves everyone unconditionally and accepts everything into Heaven because of Jesus, then Atheists go to Heaven too. If there is no magical man in the clouds, Christians will never know they were wrong because they'll be dead. So either way, it just doesn't matter and no one suffers.

Best Answer

I think you misunderstand Christian theology. God doesn't let everyone into heaven because of Jesus, there are conditions. You must repent and believe the gospel, I don't see how you came to the conclusion that atheists go to heaven too.

Best Answer

You say theology, I say mythology. You say repent and believe, and I say question and think. There is no heaven, no hell, and no such thing as sin.

Best Answer

Your entitled to believe whatever you want. I'm not offended by your opinion. But I have more respect for agnostics rather than people like you who claim to know with certainty that heaven, hell, and sin don't exist. At least agnostics have the humility to admit that they could be wrong. Or at least if your opinion was based on a real experience that proved it to you I would even respect that more. But you're just saying it's not real because you don't want it to be true, not based on anything.

Best Answer

But it is based on real experience brother. Where is god? I see children suffer and die everyday. I see hate and violence, racism and prejudice. I see scandal in the institutions called church and temple. I have more respect for agnostics than christians, because at least they have sense to be skeptical.

Best Answer

we are right, thus have nothing to lose

Best Answer

By 'we' you mean atheists?

Best Answer

Christians

Best Answer

Ok

Best Answer

you think you are right. just as Buddhists think they are right, and Muslims think they are right. no religion can prove it's own existence. you must look at what they stand for. then choose what you agree with the most. if any religion could prove they are right then it would be the only religion to exist since there is irrefutable proof that they are right. since that isn't true people.will argue who is right for millennia to come. I'm not saying there isn't a god(s), but I'm not saying there are any either. until one can prove itself then I.won't believe fully. oh and seeing someone recover from cancer is not a miracle it's modern science and the persons biology at work. a car missing a man by an inch is a car missing a guy by an inch come up with real proof first.

Best Answer

we are right. we have nothing to lose

Best Answer

why are you right? where is your proof. I don't think Christians are right. At least half or more than half of their religions were stolen from pagan holidays. so yeah I'd be more willing to bet on pagans then Christians

Best Answer

because its the truth

Best Answer

because you believe it's the truth. you could be lied to all of your life and you wouldn't know. if you go to a bench every day and someone calls it a long.sitter and no one ever tells you differently does it make it true of course bot it's still a bench

Best Answer

They lost all the time spent praying and going to church, as well as missing out on all the fun, sinful things they could have done while not under the watchful eye of a nosy God.

Best Answer

If they enjoyed praying and going to church, it wouldn't matter. You might be able to say they wasted time if they did things they really didn't want to do.

Best Answer

Atheists have fun not going to church. It's a two way street.

Best Answer

You're missing the point. There are horrible consequences if the atheist is wrong, none if the Christian is.

Best Answer

I don't see it as a horrible consequence.

Best Answer

You don't see eternal torment as horrible? I must be missing something then.

Best Answer

Eternal torment is better than eternal death, especially when I didn't spend the life before it not having fun.

Best Answer

it says you shall burn In the fires of hell but if you are dead how can it hurt

Best Answer

Hey, did you ever think that maybe god isn't christian? What if it's allah? He'd be pissed! Then you'd be screwed!

Best Answer

Yeah. Christians also can potentially burn in the hell of any other religion, too.

Best Answer

You have that backwards ...

Best Answer

Do I?

Best Answer