He should punish himself instead...he's the one who made her. If I built a wooden wagon and it broke down..I wouldn't chop down every tree to make up for my poor workmanship.
BennDover BennDover 46-50, M 13 Answers Aug 9, 2012 in Community

maybe the story was just an allegory...<br />
some faiths claim that christ's sacrifice atoned for that, so that everyone is now born into a state of grace...<br />
as long as you're questioning, why not shop around for a convenient faith that isn't gonna challenge your values too much? fire, brimstone, bigotry, intolerance, guilt and shame aren't the only option if they don't appeal to you.

Best Answer

It's rather like the presidential elections, only more universal...every four years almost half the US gets punished by what the other half did in the polls...

Best Answer

God does not punish anyone at this time.You have that wrong.He said there is a day set to do that.God did not force Eve to go against his orders.You have that wrong too.

Best Answer

god has been fair to both eve and adam by giving them a source to eat food. from eve and adam's perspective they would surely have thanked god for the apple.<br />
can anyone have guts to not at all eat any food and be lively enough for n days and even have energy to come to EP and ask this question. i am sure no one can humanly do. <br />
so neither adam or eve were stupid. they felt let us grow to make nature more beautiful; let someone in some century create a platform where anyone can abuse them or god too overlooking all progress of mankind and let many keep debating why universe came in first place. they just did their jobs. are we doing any service to our universe which really contributes to universe benefit? we need to keep retrospecting ourselves.

Best Answer

Especially if God is all-knowing, he would have known about the serpent and would have known Eve would have taken the fruit (there's no evidence of it being an apple- it might be a pomegranate or a durian) and he also would have known that Eve would have gotten Adam to eat it too. Yet even though he knew this, he got all pissed off and punished them for doing what he knew they were going to do.<br />
That or God doesn't know anything and can be tricked by humans.

Best Answer

Adam had the covenant with God. Eve was tempted by Satan. Adam was tempted by Eve. <br />
I try not to think about it..<br />
I don't know why Satan was allowed into Eden to start with..Yet I'm afraid to question God.

Best Answer

God gave instruction to both Adam &amp; Eve not just Adam.Both sinned against God.Eden was not a forbidden place for angels,they were free to roam the universe and see God's creations.

Best Answer

He gave her the will to choose, she chose wrong. I think it is unfair though, to punish everyone just because of Eve.

Best Answer

Implying that God exists.

Best Answer