Well I'm sorry for being genuinely curious that no atheist brought it up to the government. I'M SO ******* SORRY FOR ASKING A DAMN QUESTION!!!!!!!!
CrystalCelestria CrystalCelestria 16-17, F 21 Answers Dec 21, 2012 in Hobbies

So? Should atheists become poor to defend their principles?

Best Answer

Isn't it funny that Christians think one book explains everything and all of the scientific books mean nothing. By that logic Christians shouldn't live on earth because they once killed someone for saying that it wasn't the center of the universe.

Best Answer

You obviously have no idea what it means to be an atheist.

Best Answer

Isn't it weird you believe in something as real as unicorns because your parents made you?

Best Answer

You people are a bunch of idiots all she did was ask a simple question. She never said atheist people should go poor to defend thier principles that was your own ******* way of looking at it. She also never said that you use shells and beads. I for one admit their are people that are overly religious and taking all from a book "the bible" is wrong but you people need to lighten up and be open minded. Plus you can't say for sure a species like the unicorns didn't exist beacuse scientists have found entire dragon skeletons and mermaids as well proving such did exist and were limted to what we know now but there is still always room to advance and we keep discovering new specimens eveyday. So you all out to be ashamed for pumbling down this girl for being curious we all have the freedom to express ourselves amd ask question. So **** off or learn to understand from the other people's point of view.

Best Answer

Interesting....never thought of that before.

Best Answer

Yours is one of the only nice comments on here. Thanks for that :)

Best Answer

You're welcome. :) Don't need to be beaten down for stating something.

Best Answer

Thanks. I don't get why they have to call me all these things. I'm 40 years younger than most of them at the least and I'm just curious. I'm literally shaking in rage....I need my stress ball

Best Answer

Yeah. That's why they're trying to get rid of it. But the religious people refuse to because they think it's funny to make them use it.

Best Answer

Maybe! Well it doesn't say that on Canadian money so perhaps atheists are suppose to use Canadian Money! I don't believe in a God so am I atheist? I use money!

Best Answer

As a matter of fact, it has been challenged in an attempt to get it removed (Aronow v United States, 1970). So it has been addressed, in vain.

The Court ruled:

"It is quite obvious that the national motto and the slogan on coinage and currency 'In God We Trust' has nothing whatsoever to do with the establishment of religion. Its use is of patriotic or ceremonial character and bears no true resemblance to a governmental sponsorship of a religious exercise. ...It is not easy to discern any religious significance attendant the payment of a bill with coin or currency on which has been imprinted 'In God We Trust' or the study of a government publication or document bearing that slogan. In fact, such secular uses of the motto was viewed as sacrilegious and irreverent by President Theodore Roosevelt. Yet Congress has directed such uses. While 'ceremonial' and 'patriotic' may not be particularly apt words to describe the category of the national motto, it is excluded from First Amendment significance because the motto has no theological or ritualistic impact. As stated by the Congressional report, it has 'spiritual and psychological value' and 'inspirational quality'."

Best Answer

Not as weird that money didn't say this prior to the early 50s. Money is just fabric like material with an imaginary value we all agree on. Doesn't bother me that an imaginary god is mentioned on it.

Best Answer

I mean isn't it funny how an American dollar bill have African artifacts like the pyramid on it ,build on tht

Best Answer

I'm kind of curious about that now too. But if I posted a question about it, people would probably call me a stupid ***** that doesn't know what I'm talking about, much like how they are now

Best Answer

It's not like they have a choice. So, what's your point?

Best Answer

It's in the details

Best Answer

I don' get it...many atheist have been asking that god be removed from all this public stuff...but people just say they are being malicious and nitpicking.

Best Answer

Is that so? I never knew that. All someone had to say was that and all this name calling could have been avoided...sheesh. Picking on someone probably 10-20 years younger than them, I don't see how that got them anywhere

Best Answer

Scratch that, 40-50 years younger

Best Answer

What choice do they have? Using it doesn't mean believing in God. Hell you take it on faith the money has value which it DOESN'T! Does that "prove" there is no God?? Or only a false one? Hmm...

Best Answer

Of course, this country was started by a wide range of different religions including those without a deity, people came here to get away from those in Europe that KNEW what they considered was right Some signers of the constitution were atheists

Maybe you want to succeed from the Union with the southerners do and then they can have their own money just for those of their system.

Best Answer

This was just a damn question that I was genuinely curious about.

Best Answer

I believe in God and even I think this is a stupid question.

Best Answer

EPIC FAIL!!!

Best Answer

Well I'm sorry I'm curious

Best Answer

This is the kind of of thing hat make all believers look like stupid a$$holes.

Best Answer