It's cool 2 do it, but Walmart? I can't take that srsly.
fleurdelacour8 fleurdelacour8 18-21, F 11 Answers Apr 18, 2012

Big corparations and the like are typically hypocrites and bullsh*tters. They're probably only doing the 'help the hungry' thing because it will make the community like them and buy more of their stuff. It's profit driven. Don't believe they are actually being charitable for a second.

Best Answer

Of course they are doing it for marketing/pr reasons. Corporations exist to provide shareholder value. Since everyone who is reading this that has a 401K, pension or other retirement plan sees that plan increase because of corporate profits, we should be applauding this. After all, those same corporations could just be putting more money into tv commercials that allow Oprah to build another mansion and other tv stars to build yet another beach villa, but instead they are using it for public good.

Best Answer

At what cost though and who is getting most of the profit? They may provide shareholder value but they also suck up the potential earnings of small business owners. When you can't maintain a business because of such massive competition you have no choice but to work, probably for wal-mart. From what I understand walmart doesn't pay great either or treat their employees well. This is the kind of unfair advantage that may bring in some money for retirees, but how much more is just pure profit for the majority shareholders? I've got nothing against retirees but I do believe the young should have a chance, and the poor. This 'charity' may be the lesser evil but it doesn't change the fact that there are more activities undermining fairness afoot. I won't applaud it, because there's so much wrong with it. They get a tax break on charity anyway don't they? It's not true charity if you get a tax break.

Best Answer

Tied for best answer.

Best Answer

I can dig that, congrats guys, keep fighting the good fight.

Best Answer

ive heard mixed views on this one. some say good others bad. the ones that say good are usually the ones making the big bucks though

Best Answer

Walmart is already banned from opening stores in places like NY and LA precisely because they pay crap and end up sucking more money out of local areas then they add. They even got their start by investing in a computer and data base that told them exactly which naive small towns they could suck the most money out of at any given time and, of course, they always tried to finagle special tax dispensations and whatnot from the local governments.

They're parasites by any definition of the word and when I load "percentage of walmart employees" into Google search it offers me a choice between "..on medicaid, on welfare, and on food stamps." Walmart advertises low prices without bothering to tell people it is all subsidized by the tax payer in the first place.

Best Answer

Tied 4 best answer.

Best Answer

As a Walmart employee I can tell you YES they treat us like ****...

Best Answer

Start a quaker style protest.

Best Answer

Best Answer

What do they do?

Best Answer

So quit and get a different job. No one is forcing you to work there, and as long as employees put up with it, things won't change. (My guess, though, is that 20 people want your job right now.)

Best Answer

Because a corporation is feeding the hungry? Why?

Best Answer

Oh please don't get yourself all worked up it will make you sick...I will keep my job until I find something different...I just answered a question don't need no crap...Have a great day...

Best Answer

Mgmt. hardly knows your name, let alone acknowledge you. Yes, we do work like slaves. In 2012 customers have become more rude and destructive to merchandise and the store. All combined, I am leaving to enjoy rest of my life. Next will be open on Christmas for the dollar. No way! I am a Christian and celebrate the Lord's birth. These corporations will reap what they sow.

Best Answer

donate to non profit organizations and get a break on taxes. Most of walmart employees are flat out rude so I don't sympathize with them very much. I know that they have no benefits or something of the sort, but I can purchases their products for pretty cheap and they at least give people jobs. If they hate it so much, they can work somewhere else is the way I figure it. oh, and I've seen employees from all sorts of work place treated like ****. It's just not walmart.

Wah wah, they treat me like ****. Then quit and go work somewhere else.

Best Answer

I beg to differ...lol...I treat no one like ****....

Best Answer

It is because of Walmart and like stores that many people lost their jobs and had to apply there. Many small businesses have lost customers because of Walmart. What's more, it is not only the employees themselves that suffer, but their families.

Best Answer

and yet we all keep shopping at walmart because of their low prices. What irony

Best Answer

Not everyone does. Many of those that do are unaware of how poorly the employees are treated. It is surprising how little some people know.

Best Answer

No different than our own government. Sending billions in aid to foreign countries while they treat us the American people like ****.

Best Answer

Walmart has found a better way to compete through improvement of their logistics and supply chain management. It's no different than when Ford came up with his assembly line really - it's just the evolution of retailing. Costco took Walmarts idea and took it a bit upscale and Target is going something similar. To hate Walmart is like a candlemaker cussing the light bulb.

Walmart pays their retail sales floor people more than fast food people pay their folks for what is very similar work - if unions weren't trying to get their talons into Walmart you'd never hear about their business practices. (Just about any story at any ***** mall has very similar salary structures to Walmart for their front line employees. It's an entry level job - it wasn't meant to be a career.)

As for the subject of using social betterment projects as a marketing tool by feeding the hungry instead of buying yet another ad on some mind-numbing situation comedy, I think that's great personally. Maybe some kids get to eat better tonight and the guy who plays the nerd on "Big Bang Theory" will have to get by with one less sports car.

Best Answer